**Requisition ID:** 26692BR
**Job Title:** Stationary Equipment Operator - 2nd shift
**Division:** 3611: RS Recyl Center of N Florida
**Location:** 12029: Jacksonville - 7000 Imeson Rd
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Non-Exempt
The Operator – Stationary Equipment is responsible for the safe operation of stationary equipment at a recycling facility, hauling/collections locations or transfer station for the purpose of transferring, loading and/or compacting waste or other materials in an efficient and safe manner.
• Perform pre- and post-operation inspection of the equipment in accordance with Company policy to ensure windows, lights, mirrors and rear view camera are clean. Safely and efficiently operate equipment that may include: forklift, excavator, bulldozer, front-end loader, sweeper or baler and other stationary equipment using proper safety standards.
• Continuously monitor waste or other materials for evidence of unacceptable waste/materials.
• Identify and deposit waste or other materials into appropriate piles and stock baled trash.
• Load the transfer truck with a front-end loader and ensure complete capacity by packing down waste with bucket; regulate tonnage into the transfer trailer.
• Continuously observe packed waste/materials for signs of hazards, including smoldering, fire, etc.
• Continuously monitor the condition of the equipment to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean tracks or wheels on equipment, as needed.
• Perform and document minor service on equipment, referring more complicated mechanical issues to Maintenance Shop for repair.
• Complete Equipment Condition Report and other reports, as necessary; report any necessary repairs to supervisor, as needed.
• Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in heavy equipment operation.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience working at sites regulated by OSHA.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• Valid certificate(s) of training and applicable licenses for operation of equipment, as required.
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.