At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Statistical Data Forecasting Specialist for the Corporate Supply Chain Operations & Services organization located in Maplewood, MN. Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Corporate Statistical Forecasting Specialist
will have an excellent opportunity to shape the future of forecast optimization and simulation as part of the 3M Service Improvement Organization's Integrated Business Planning (IBP) project. The purpose of this position will be to enhance the use of data, analytics, and modeling to increase forecast accuracy within the demand planning and consensus processes to drive service, cost, and cash improvement across the company. This person will support the IBP project as well as other strategic, high impact initiatives to drive value creation while designing and deploying next generation forecasting processes. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborating with business, area, and process leadership to scope, prioritize, and execute projects to improve forecast accuracy
- Leveraging global big data and modeling tools to optimize and test hypothesis via complex simulations
- Collaborating with demand process teams to improve design and deployment of forecasting processes, tools, and methods
- Leveraging various forecasting methods including time series, dynamic regression modeling with regularization methods e.g., LASSO, econometric methods (external, economic indicators), and non-linear methods e.g., neural networks
- Master's degree or higher in Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science and/or Economics from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years of combine d experience with statistical analysis and/or optimization and/or simulation modeling
- Minimum of three (3) years of combine d experience using R and/or Python software and/or SQL
- PhD in Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, and/or Economics
- Experience with machine learning methods including SVM, logistic regression, and random forest
- Experience with deep learning methods and applications
- Knowledge of Bayesian modeling
- SAP experience
- Understands the intersection between supply chain, finance, business, and economic data
- Ability to translate data into meaningful insights and analysis
- Ability to be a change agent for driving the next generation of advanced forecast modeling
- Solid communication skills, ability to interact with all levels within organization
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
May include up to 10% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.