At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. In this role you will provide exemplary customer service by processing group disability income insurance claims in a timely and accurate manner. Job Location
Tampa, FL Job Description
- Manages assigned caseload of STD claims.
- Determines whether to pend, deny or pay claims. Inputs data. Evaluates claimant eligibility via information received from claimant, attending physician, employer and employer plan
- Decides payment period, follows up and monitors payment accuracy and timeliness.
- Follows established claim policies and practices to resolve claims and issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated critical thinking in activities requiring analysis, investigation, and/or planning.
- Strong Letter writing/Microsoft Word
- Proficient in MS Excel
- 2-4 years Medical background
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
0-5% Business Category
Global Technology & Operations Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 06M
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.