At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. In this role you will investigate group disability claims and makes determination on claims settlement within authorized guidelines Job Location
Aurora, IL Job Description
- Supervises team of claim specialists.
- Manages workflow; screens and distributes work based on skill level.
- Ensures adherence to performance standards, resolves client service issues, and maintains data integrity. .
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required
- Assists with people management responsibilities, including hiring, firing, promotions, performance and compensation management, and training and development.
- 3+ years of Insurance experience
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbal
- Intermediate in Microsoft Word and Excel
- 5+ years of Disability Insurance experience
- Excellent analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Highly self-motivated
- High School Diploma/GED
- Bachelor's Degree/Associates degree Preferred
0-5% Business Category
Global Technology & Operations Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 10M