Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE's Gas Power Systems business is the global industry leader in efficient, reliable, and cost-effective conversion of fuel to power, serving a wide range of applications from small, mobile power to highly efficient, utility scale power plants. With our substantial technology heritage and the largest delivered fleet of gas turbines of any provider in the world, our specialized plant solutions address unique customer challenges, providing increased performance, fuel efficiency, lower emissions and operational flexibility.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Steam Turbine Final Assembly Production Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As the Final Assembly Production Engineer, you will be the primary interface with the Global Supply Chain (GSC) in producing a quality product, on time with a cost competitive position. This position includes all activates / hardware associated with both Steam Turbine assembly as well as Rotor Machining. You will also facilitate the successful launch of the platform 2.0 into the Schenectady / Bangor lead factories.
As the Final Assembly Production Engineer, you will:
- Lead Engineering responsiveness with respects to technical dispositions of out of spec components for Steam Turbine Final Assembly and Rotor Machining - driving root cause and corrective action as necessary within the design / engineering teams
- Work closely with Advance Manufacturing Engineers (AME's,) and Producibility Engrs to insure designs are both Producible and Cost competitive
- Work with Technical Leaders and Functional Managers to drive Cost and Cycle Reductions
- Attend all meetings as specified in Producibility Review Process
- Organize and Lead Producibility Reviews on new products and features
- Coordinate / drive the utilization of 3D design information into the GSC ( MBM )
- Conduct Quarterly Voice of Customer session to determine needs in Manufacture / Assembly
- Conduct daily meeting with the GSC to assure technical directions are communicated and being executed per the disposition
- Lead Root Cause and Corrective Action as required associated with Design / Drafting defects
- Work with Quality Engineers & Advance Manufacturing Engineers to develop methods and processes that drive cost and cycle reduction within the framework of modularity
- Coordinate disposition of Repair and Return hardware if special processes warrant
- Support Final Assembly, Steam Turbine Rotor Machining and related sourcing activities associated with these areas
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified or equivalent quality certification
- Knowledge of manufacture and assembly
- Demonstrated ability to drive cross functional teams to implement process improvements
- Experience working with global resources
- Prior Steam Turbine or Turbomachinery component design experience
- Advanced engineering degree
- Familiar with factory assembly practices
- Familiar with castings, forgings, machining, and assembly operations of Steam turbine components for power generation equipment
- Knowledge of automation design and drafting tools
- Experience with Steam Turbine design process and procedure
- Experience with new unit and services related work
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.