Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications: Experience:
- Coordinates the departmental orientation of new hires. Plan, implements and promotes the education and training of staff members to ensure professional development. Evaluates, reviews and reports the staff's ability to provide clean, sterile and accurate instrument sets.
- Provides educational programs for the Sterile Processing Staff in conjunction with SPD Director and Director of Perioperative Services Education • Provides quality assurance programs and the support necessary for the staff in the field of sterile processing.
- Ensures that the department meets all the regulations, standards and guidelines consistent with AAMI, AORN, The Joint commission, CMS, CDC, OSHA and FDA requirements as well as the hospital's policies and procedures.
- Represents SPD through consultation on interdepartmental and interdisciplinary committees and task forces.
- Completes required continuous training and education, including computer-related requirements and Impress.
- Maintains and updates professional knowledge by actively participating in professional seminars and organizations.
- Must have good presentation and communication and written skills. Ability to be creative and innovative in program development. Must be able to work independently and research material when developing education sessions.
- Conducts needs assessments using a variety of strategic tools.
- Assist learners in the assessment of needs and identification of outcomes.
- Develops/coordinates education plans related to initial and ongoing competency validation.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum of five (5) years experience in the Sterile Processing field. Experience as a preceptor or Sterile Processing Instructor preferred. Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required:
Technician certification from either the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) or from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM). Advanced certifications (CHL, CIS) preferred. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of maintenance and sterilization of medical supplies and equipment. Knowledge of applicable sanitation and hygiene standards. Knowledge of proper safety practices of steam and gas plasma sterilization. Knowledge of simple record keeping principles and practices. Skill in understanding and following verbal and written instructions. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Effective customer service skills. Able to read, spell and do simple math. Good computer skills. Ability to work effectively under pressure.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom