HCA has been recognized as a World's Most Admired Company
in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine
. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call
will be required.
The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today's life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
- Demonstrates knowledge related to maintenance, cleanliness, and sterilization of instruments and equipment. Maintains a sanitary environment for the provision of patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of high level disinfection and sterilization of endoscopy equipment. (Maintains daily log, testing for efficacy of disinfecting solution with each cycle, performs biological tests and completes log, as per facility policies).
- Monitors and records all test loads and sterilization cycles; reports any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager.
- Maintains accurate records for PM's for equipment; reports any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager.
- Tests operational efficiency of Instrumentation prior to reprocessing and reports problems to OR Coordinator Nurse Manager.
- Monitors all instrumentation for proper sterilization prior to releasing for use.
- Performs required quality controls e.g. Bowie Dick, DART, Biological Monitoring, Disinfecting Solution Efficacy Testing, Test Strips.
- Understands concept of "short cycle" and it is appropriate to use to sterilize and/or disinfect instruments for immediate use.
• This is a PRN position mainly working one day on Fridays with occasional second days throughout the week. Experience:
• One year experience in surgical instrument sterilization processing; preferably in an acute care or ambulatory surgery center environment. Certification:
• Valid BCLS Certification upon employment***online certification not acceptable.
• Certification in Central Processing as per facility and state regulatory requirements.