Northeast Methodist Hospital has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. It is licensed for 116 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A. We offer a full array of services including 24/7 emergency care, open heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, inpatient rehabilitation, orthopedic surgery, cancer care, intensive care and inpatient and outpatient surgeries and procedures. Northeast Methodist Hospital is an accredited Chest Pain Center and is a Certified Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. We are recognized as an Accredited Heart Failure Center by the Healthcare Colloquium and as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission. Our hospital has received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks and the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Northeast Methodist Hospital under Locations.
The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for the decontamination, preparation, and sterilization of equipment. Effectively maintains the National Standards and Recommended Practices for Sterilization, and promotes collaboration with physicians, nursing staff, department heads, and personnel of other departments. The Sterile Processing Technician adheres to national, state, and hospital department policies. Essential Job Functions
• Cleans department and sets up workstations according to department standards
• Demonstrates competence in selecting the appropriate chemical solutions for sterile processing washers and operation of washers.
• Receives contaminated reusable surgical instruments, and demonstrates competence in selecting the appropriate cleaning or disinfection method.
• Identifies tray type by contents of instrument tray. Identifies instruments that do not function properly, and replaces or reports instruments that need repair or that are missing.
• Selects appropriate packing material according to type of sterilization techniques to be used. Labels sterilized products with identification and sterilization indicators as in accordance with AORN and AAMI recommendations.
• Follows instructions for operation of sterilization equipment. Maintains the integrity of sterilized packages when loading sterilization carts, and after initial cool down period.Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- High school graduate or equivalent education
- One year in Central Sterile Service or Sterile Processing (preferred)