Opening in March 2009, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. Ours is a beautiful, streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available and staffed by people who genuinely care for the well-being of others. The hospital's services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, oncology, neurosurgery and orthopedics. In November 2017 the hospital expanded by more than 100,000 square feet and 70 beds bringing our total number of licensed beds to over 210.
Methodist Stone Oak Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. The hospital belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients. We have been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov's 5-star rating out of thousands of hospitals. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Stone Oak Hospital under Locations.
The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for the decontamination, preparation, and sterilization of equipment. Effectively maintains the National Standards and Recommended Practices for Sterilization, and promotes collaboration with physicians, nursing staff, department heads, and personnel of other departments. The Sterile Processing Technician adheres to national, state, and hospital department policies. Essential Job Functions
• Cleans department and sets up workstations according to department standards
• Demonstrates competence in selecting the appropriate chemical solutions for sterile processing washers and operation of washers.
• Receives contaminated reusable surgical instruments, and demonstrates competence in selecting the appropriate cleaning or disinfection method.
• Identifies tray type by contents of instrument tray. Identifies instruments that do not function properly, and replaces or reports instruments that need repair or that are missing.
• Selects appropriate packing material according to type of sterilization techniques to be used. Labels sterilized products with identification and sterilization indicators as in accordance with AORN and AAMI recommendations.
• Follows instructions for operation of sterilization equipment. Maintains the integrity of sterilized packages when loading sterilization carts, and after initial cool down period.Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- High school graduate or equivalent education
- One year in Central Sterile Service or Sterile Processing (preferred)