The Lead Steward or Dishwasher plays a key role in our kitchens. They are primarily responsible for assisting to coordinate and maintain the cleanliness of all hotel china, silverware and cookware. This person must offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues and complete the following tasks:
- Operate an industrial dish machine
- Ensure all Colleagues have the dishes, silverware and glasses required
- Sort, stack dishes, and load/unload dish machine
- Sort, stack and store all cleaned items in an organized and safe manner
- Ensure all broken and chipped items are removed from circulation, reported and inventoried Ensure floors are dry and clean at all times
- Remove debris and trash to designated areas throughout shift
- Clean and sanitize all pots, pans, and dishes by hand and using dish machines
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including all equipment and storage spaces
- Understand and complete banquet function contracts
This is a terrific opportunity to develop your career in hospitality. The possibilities are only limited by your dreams! Hyatt offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes health care, vacation hours, employee discount room rates, 401k retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and more.
A little about us:
Hyatt’s goal is to become the most preferred hospitality brand – loved and respected by all. We listen and evolve to meet and anticipate the needs of our colleagues, guests and partners.