Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Global Product Stewardship and Quality organization as a Stewardship Chemistry & Biologics Lead. The Global Product Stewardship and Quality organization serves the needs of an ever-changing organization, partnering with their customers to develop and implement stewardship programs that earn and maintain our Freedom to Operate globally. It is an integral part of Monsanto's Pledge for the responsible development and management of our products worldwide.
The successful candidate will provide strategic leadership for Stewardship of Chemistry & Biologics related products. In this role, the individual will lead cross functional teams to develop and maintain the overall stewardship program that conforms to agency expectations, industry standards, and Monsanto policies for responsible development, management and use of our products throughout their life cycles. In addition, this individual will create and build on established policies, programs and processes taking into account new platforms and expand global partnerships to enable proliferation of the stewardship culture. Specific duties include:
- Individual will work with the Global Product Stewardship and Quality Teams to proactively develop, win support for and assess product specific stewardship plans (including resourcing for, implementation and effectiveness of plans).
- Individual will work with Global Chemistry & Seed Regulatory Affairs, appropriate functions, Crop Teams and Regional Stewardship Leads to drive growth and continuous improvements supporting the adoption of appropriate policies and processes in this area.
- Individual will liaise and serve as a resource to regional stewardship teams in the management of similar areas .
- Individual will work with many functional areas within a matrix organization including Chemistry Technology, Field Compliance, Global Regulatory Affairs, Legal, Crop Teams, Biotechnology, Breeding, Technology Development, Supply Chain, R&D IT, Industry Affairs, Public Affairs, U.S. Markets, and Commercial Stewardship
- Must have a BS with at least 8 years of work experience, or a MS/PhD. with at least 5 years of work experience, in Chemistry, Seed Treatments, Biology, Agronomy, Breeding, Plant Sciences or a related technical field.
- A working knowledge of discovery and product development processes and field production activities is required.
- Candidate should have 3+ years of experience leading people and cross-functional teams to drive business objectives.
- This individual should be a strategic thinker, detail oriented, well organized, agile, an effective communicator and influencer, work independently with a true sense of urgency, and possess people management/development skills.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams within both domestic and international operations is a plus.
- Experience with agronomic practice across key crops.
- Work experience in a Chemistry, Technology Development (field operations), Breeding, Manufacturing, Seed Quality, or Regulatory environment is preferred.
Leadership - Influences and wins support from others, has the confidence and trust of others, develops effective relationships across the organization.
People Development: Actively seeks to build a diverse team and understand and leverage strengths of others, increasing their ability to contribute to the organization.
Foresight: Effectively champions new ideas and technologies to meet business challenges. Creates and shares a compelling vision of the future for his or her organization.
Effective Communication: Uses appropriate methods of communication for each situation, effectively engaging others to convey relevant and situation-appropriate messages and information.
Drives Change: Takes a lead role in identifying and incorporating changes needed in the organization. Helps the team understand the need for change, and effectively gains support from others for successful implementation of change.
Results Oriented: Works with a sense of urgency, identifies and overcomes obstacles, takes necessary risks. Demonstrates ability to take action. Balances big picture concerns with day-to-day activities. Helps others focus on the business impact their efforts will have. Demonstrates ability to accomplish tasks and build confidence in others capabilities.
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.