T/O Printing in Westlake Village, CA has an opening for a qualified candidate in our Bindery department.
The position is responsible to bind the printed materials together to prepare printed material to be sold/ distributed in market. It includes different functions of cutting, folding, gluing, stitching and trimming the printed materials before preparing the end product.
- Set up, adjust and operate a variety of auxiliary binding machines containing several cutting heads, control surfaces or other attachments (i.e. inkjet and mailing devices, case making & decorating equipment, folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines and/or set up automatic bindery machines containing multiple functions and station capabilities (power paper cutters, power collators and gatherers, power folders, power speed binder) which can be electromechanically combined with other equipment and devices to produce a complete bindery and finishing unit that processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products.
- Inspect equipment for safety issues.
- May operate automatic adhesive binding machines (perfect binders) that contain numerous interrelated process stations that are fed collated sheets or signatures and perform such functions as vibrating, milling, roughening, gluing, covering and delivering or stacking completed books, magazines or catalogs.
- Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations on a single machine.
- Direct crew though all aspects of production.
- Monitor quality, output and productivity.