A Storage Architect job in Poughkeepsie, NY is available courtesy of Adecco Engineering and Technical. You will participate in incident support by providing technical expertise and troubleshooting, identify problems areas, and develop solutions and designs to eliminate them. • Manage vendor relationships to ensure the best support and resources are available. You will also provide direction in identifying appropriate technical solutions that meets the business objectives which includes defining technical alternatives to develop most cost-effective solutions to meet the business requirements.
Storage Architect job responsibilities include:
• Develop, maintain, and adhere to GroupM process and procedure.y
• Assist in project scoping and estimation
• Proactively assume responsibility for learning new products and maintains outstanding knowledge of current technologies
• Mentorand train peers in technologies that you have expertise
• Design and procedure documentation
• Technology portfolio management through the lifecycle, planning, upgrades, replacement, and retirement.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Be able to travel internationally and hold a valid passport as well as to be flexible with schedule to accommodate for travel to other locations for IT staff meetings, training and/or assist with GroupM projects
• Strong experience with storage technologies, HP 3Par, Nexsan, and IBM DS Series experience required
• Experience with IBM/Lenovo Server Hardware
• Strong experience with Vmware vSphere 5.x or higher
• Experience with backup technologies, Commvault Simpana and Symantec Backup Exec
• Experience with fibre Channel concepts and zoning; Cisco as well as performance testing, benchmarking, and stress testing
• Knowledge of Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel as well as solid project management skills
• Experience with logging tools and strategies for management and troubleshooting
• FCoE on Cisco Nexus (concepts not network architect)
• Data Center designs experience
If you are interested in this Storage Architect job in Poughkeepsie then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technical go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position please contact the Recruiter at Jackie.Burison@Modis.com
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.