The Dell EMC Converged Platforms and Solutions Division is looking for a highly motivated Software Quality Test Engineer to help accelerate our growing Software Defined Storage (SDS) Appliance business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Dell EMC’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
You will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Dell’s Enterprise Hyper-converged solutions directly with customers and our ecosystem of system integrators and solution providers. W e are looking for someone who is passionate about the following….
· Creating, building, educating, training and designing SDS solutions for our Enterprise Partners optimized to meet current IT demands.
· Our company credo: “The Power To Do More.” It’s critical to love what you do and take pride in your value proposition to our customers.
· Deep-dive technical discussions around design and an intellectual curiosity to always keep your technical skills current while maintaining a pulse on industry trends.
As a Software Quality Test Engineer within the Converged Platforms and Solutions Division, you will work with Storage Engineering teams, Server Development teams, and partners to define and drive execution of our validation strategy for our partnered SDS solutions and our management software SDKs used across Dell Storage appliances and OEM offerings.
· Develop certification strategy with Dell software partners
· Develop test plans for validating Dell management software on Dell SDS appliances
· Procure and manage certification lab infrastructure
· Procure certification hardware
· Certify hardware/software configurations
· Work with Dell software partners and Enterprise server teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues found
· Conduct performance testing and document reference architectures
· Experience testing and validating Enterprise Storage products.
· Extensive knowledge of software test techniques and methodologies.
· Experience working in an iterative development model.
· Experience with Enterprise Server hardware and technologies including storage controllers, Ethernet adapters, memory modules, processor models, remote management cards.
· Windows Hyper-V, VMware vSphere, and KVM experience required.
· Network configuration and debugging experience (HTTP, SNMP, NFS, etc.) is required.
· Basic scripting (bash, php, etc.) competence is required.
This position requires a BS in CS/CE/EE or related field, MS preferred with a minimum of 2 years of related work experience.
**Job:** **Engineering - Storage Development Engineer*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Storage Development Staff Engineer*
**Requisition ID:** *160011JK*