TEKsystems has a contract-to-hire opportunity for a Sr. NetApp Storage Engineer located in southern New Jersey.
As a Storage Engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for managing, maintaining, and monitoring storage systems. A Storage Engineer performs maintenance tasks and provisions storage for virtual machines, applications, media work flows, business departments and backups. You will be expected to proactively assess new solutions and options for data storage platforms, access and security. Will function as a subject matter expert and will be expected to make technical decisions on storage systems supporting business services. Responsibilities:
- NAS/SAN/Storage management, including storage design, configurations, implementation, additions, and consolidations.
- NAS/SAN/Storage performance monitoring, capacity planning, utilization/trend forecasting, problem resolution and reporting.
- NAS/SAN/Storage upgrades, provisioning, migrations, security remediation, patching and maintenance.
- Respond to storage related trouble tickets, and follow-through to completion or escalate as required.
- Design and implement infrastructure storage solutions based on user or application owner input.
- Collaborate with engineers and operations team through technical escalations, procedures and project tasks.
- Use of collaboration tools and the ability to succeed in an interactive and fast paced group of technology experts is required.
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
- In depth experience supporting NetApp (7-mode and clustered) storage arrays in complex environments
- Strong knowledge of NAS protocols (SMB/CIFS, iSCSI, NFS, DFS and ZFS)
- Experience migrating large datasets (block and file level) across vendor platforms
- Knowledge of security models and ACLs
- Experience working with virtualization technology (preferably VMWare)
- Experience supporting block based storage and fibre channel SAN switches
- Experience with the transfer of data to/from cloud offerings such as AWS S3
- Experience with Cloud-NAS gateways
- Familiarity with multi-pathing and other high availability configurations on server side
- Understanding of IP storage networking including VLAN tagging, routing and L2 switching
- Ability to troubleshoot storage related issues on both Windows and Linux platforms
- Ability to correlate event data between network, storage, and systems
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a contributor in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness and drive to learn new technologies and concepts
- Ability to identify automation opportunities and implement scripted solutions.
- Utilize standard tools and methodology to develop system and support performance metrics
- Ability to monitor and validate backup systems
- Ability to balance project based workloads and daily tasks
- Strong technical background in a hosted services environment
- Active Directory, VMware, Network experience preferred
- Able to work weekends, holidays, shifts outside of normal business hours, overtime
- Able to travel between offices domestically as needed (NY, NJ, and CA)
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.