Storage Protocol Architect
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: January 08, 2017
Reference ID: 160012F9
Dell EMC is looking for a storage protocol architect with expertise in SCSI and NVMe. In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with other technologists, architects, design engineers, design managers, and product marketing to define storage protocol requirements, ensuring a high degree of Dell EMC cross- portfolio synergy.
* Participate in industry standards and consult with the Dell EMC supply base to build out a complete view of opportunities and risks.
* Monitor and advise on industry trends.
* Evangelize a roadmap of storage protocol recommendations that maximizes Dell EMC competitiveness while also converging implementations to a common set of best practices.
* Model architectures and design experiments to validate assumptions.
* Develop reference designs to illustrate favored techniques for implementing common processes, considering both Dell EMC unique and generic drives.
* Provide consultation to NVMe implementers.
* Generate formal specifications to guide suppliers on Dell EMC requirements.
* Create and realize a holistic tools strategy for NVMe; assessment, qualification, manufacturing, and sustaining.
* Provide input on organization planning to address NVMe across all processes/roles.
* Give executive presentations on the state of the industry for storage protocols and Dell EMC’s competitive positioning.
* Complete all duties with minimal guidance or assistance.
* Deep technical and architectural knowledge of NVMe; its origins, how it leverages from SCSI concepts, and its challenges as a primary storage protocol.
* BSEE/CE/CS and 10 years of engineering experience or equivalent.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in software design roles.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in storage protocol architecture roles; balancing theoretical and practical considerations, working with and between industry standards groups and solution implementers, documenting requirements in sufficient detail to enable third-party implementations.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Experience working across geographical and cultural boundaries.
* Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal).
* Prefer prior experience leading engineering teams.
* Prefer candidates that are familiar with the flash drive industry; product types and positioning, strengths and weaknesses of the various players, etc…
**Job:** **Engineering - Engineering Technologist*
**Organization:** **Infrastructure Solutions Group*
**Title:** *Storage Protocol Architect*
**Requisition ID:** *160012F9*