Storage Software Applications Engineer Intern Job Description
This team is part of the Nonvolatile Storage Memory group developing the next generation of Storage devices and memory. We support a software product that allows for multiple devices (SATA or NVMe) to be managed in a RAID array which allow for greater capacity or data protection. In this role, the intern will assist Application Engineers to replicate and triage issues to assist in the problem resolution and verification process. Additional testing of product releases and documentation review is also included for this position. This is position will require both software and hardware activities.
[ Position to be located only in Chandler and for students in the Phoenix area. Job assignments are usually for the summer or for short periods during breaks from school. ] The responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Interns to assist Applications Engineers to replicate customer issues on Servers and Workstations using various Storage devices and software configurations.
- Some testing and inspection tests are conducted prior to a software or patch release.
- Significant hardware and software activities requiring attention to detail and system configuration.
- Student must be self-reliant, able to research potential solutions and results oriented.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.Minimum Requirements:
- Master's or PhD level student in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other science/engineering related field.
Minimum 1 year
of experience in/with:
- PC hardware and software
- OS installation
- Microsoft Windows and various Linux distributions
- PC troubleshooting
- CPU, BIOS, Storage and networking/graphics
RAID technology knowledge would be desirable.Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.