The Home Depot is looking for the next great generation of retail management leaders. We strive on being experts on product authority while delivering excellent customer service. We believe that a diverse workforce and having individuals from different backgrounds is the key to our success - and that's where you come in. We're building a pipeline of talented individuals so that we can quickly fill positions as they become available.
Find out why we are one of America's Top 50 Most Reputable Companies according to Forbes Magazine (2009). Here, you'll be responsible for day-to-day operations of a multimillion-dollar business - an unparalleled opportunity to move closer to your vision of your professional future.
We're currently sourcing highly-skilled candidates for the following position: CO-STORE MANAGER
Store Co-Managers are responsible for working in tandem with the Store Manager to ensure the successful day to day operation of Home Depot stores. They share responsibility for maximizing store sales and profitability while working ethically and modeling Home Depot's core values. They accomplish this goal by developing strategies and objectives and leading a team of Associates in executing these strategies and objectives. They must ensure that the store is optimally stocked and merchandised and that all Customers are provided with excellent customer service. A Store Co-Manager must have a comprehensive knowledge of Home Depot business, be able to use this knowledge to formulate goals and objectives and be capable of motivating his/her self and others to work as a team and accomplish these goals and objectives. They must also be capable of working with Associates, Department Supervisors and the Assistant Store Managers (ASMs) to accomplish goals.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
Co-Managing the Business. -
- Co-Manage all aspects of store operation and profitability.
Excels in Customer Service.-
- Ensure that customers are acknowledged, customer project needs are met, concerns are
- Work with Store Manager to forecast scheduling needs to meet customer demand.
Supervising Store Associates.-
- Work with team to recruit and hire qualified candidates.
- Determine starting pay and pay increases over time.
- Observe, evaluate, coach, train, and develop associates. Communicate Home Depot and store
objectives to associates.
- Ensure all products and displays are merchandised effectively.
- Walk the store with Store Manager, District Manager, Merchants and others to stay proactive on merchandising issues.
- Develop and communicate store standards to associates.
- Develop, with Store Manager, a store mission, strategy and objectives and ensure that they are met. Study competition.
- Identify trends.
Other Duties. -
- Ensure safety of customers and associates.
- Verify deposits.
- Follow standard operating procedures for openings and closings.
- Sign for petty cash, markdowns, time slips, refunds, price change take in reports, etc.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Eighteen years of age or older
- The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or G.E.D.
- Successful completion of pre-employment tests if applicable
- Be able to work a flexible schedule (7 days a week availability)
Enjoy an impressive variety of benefits, including but not limited to:
- Competitive Salaries including Industry-Leading Bonuses
- Health and Wellness Services: Comprehensive Medical, Prescription Drug, Vision and Dental Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan & Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Same-Sex Domestic Partner Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Associate Discount Programs
Discover what it’s like to flourish and achieve in an inspiring environment, one that appreciates your uniqueness and complements your life. Explore the opportunity to drive unity, performance and passion at The Home Depot.
Expect to spend about 15 minutes completing this process and registering your interest in future openings. We will inform you when suitable positions come available – and to be considered for employment, you’ll need to apply for the posted vacancy. Thank you for your interest in The Home Depot.
The Home Depot is an Equal Opportunity/AA Employer.
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!