Technology enhances your life - your job should too. At Microsoft Retail Stores, that is what we believe. We are the hub of Microsoft’s cutting-edge devices and services, here to provide customers with a world-class, omni-channel experience in this evolving retail world. We serve as centers of innovation, connecting customers with technology that simplifies their lives and inspires their creative potential. As a member of the Microsoft Retail Stores team you will cultivate the skills to pave the way for your ultimate career path. Your unique talents, perspective, and abilities will help inform our journey and transformation as a company. We are seeking teammates who are dedicated to finding deeper meaning and purpose in their work. Join our journey - find your passion.
The Store Manager (SM) creates a positive environment for customers and the store team. As a trusted leader, the Store Manager supports the team to learn and grow while they flawlessly execute and deliver excellent business results by increasing brand awareness and delivering world-class customer service.
Collaboration & Leadership –
- Select and motivate a competitive, innovative, high-energy, authentic, friendly, and customer-centric team.
- Foster a learning environment that empowers the team to be the most knowledgeable and skilled in retail.
- Provide recognition, feedback, and development and growth opportunities focused on producing retail’s next leaders. Actively manage under-performers with the intent to coach back to performance.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with employees, customers, vendors/suppliers, corporate partners, and community organizations.
- Invest in the development of the leadership team; ensure all areas of responsibility (AOR) are executed flawlessly and hold leaders accountable for delivering results in assigned AORs.
- Contribute to the success of the store and the market by sharing knowledge, best practices, and learnings with peers.
Drive for Results –
- Accountable for the success and profitability of a store location.
- Build loyalty in the customer base through steps of service and customer engagement.
- Execute, recommend, and drive merchandising initiatives in a consistent timely manner.
- Solicit and listen to customer feedback, identifying current customer buying trends while anticipating future needs and preferences, as well as providing related communications to the appropriate teams.
- Increase sales through flawless execution and rallying team support of Microsoft retail strategies.
- Oversee and monitor all operating processes, including staffing levels, scheduling, and payroll.
- Ensure proper cash handling, merchandising, and inventory control processes are precisely communicated and followed.
- Able to tell the story of their own business through metrics, location, and industry trends.
- Assess situations quickly and prioritize decisions that drive short- and long-term results.
- Have the ability to be nimble and decisive, leading based on new or developing information.
- Maintain a safe working environment and protect company assets including people, merchandise, facilities, and money by learning, understanding, and supporting all company policies and practices.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, and develop employees while achieving all employment-related compliance requirements.
- Through your leadership, create a workplace of choice that engages, educates, excites and empowers employees and customers with passion and commitment.
- Create a comfortable, growth-focused working environment that cultivates honesty and openness, and address areas of concern in a timely, professional manner.
Additional Skills and Abilities Required –
- Have a love for Microsoft, be a brand evangelist, and have a deep understanding of Microsoft products (Windows, Office, Xbox, Windows Phone, Surface, and services).
- Lead by example, take pride in your work, and enjoy helping and developing others while creating fun environments and energizing people through your passion.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high-level attention to detail.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, public-facing environment, driven to get results by directing a team.
- 4+ years Retail store management experience
- Valid authorization to work in the U.S. is required; no visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Coaching or management of individuals in a metrics-driven consultative sales environment
- Previous experience managing or training in retail technology/electronics industry is a plus
- College degree preferred
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.