The Store Manager is part of our Building Technology & Solutions business at Johnson Controls. Due to our growth we have a new Store location opening in the Edison, New Jersey, it will be in the S. Hackensack area. This new store will have a warehouse with all HVAC equipment and supplies that we sell to mechanical contractors, a showcase and a retail area. This person would have 2 direct reports who help out in the warehouse and counter sales. Ideal candidate would come from HVAC or similar industry in a management/assistant mgr role with customer interface. We are looking for a strategic, hands on person to help drive the business. Exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial person, apply today. RESPONSIBILITY LEVEL:
This position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the store location including: store sales and customer support, order administration, inventory management, warehousing, employee development & training and showroom appearance and promotion. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
Job Qualifications: REQUIREMENTS:
- Store sales growth both in units and parts & supplies
- Manages customer support and maintains an efficient operation.
- Develops and trains the Counter Sales and Warehouse Associates
- Maintains inventory control to adequately serve customers while maintaining 98% cycle count accuracy
- Manages all shipping and receiving activities to assure that products are handled and stored in a safe and efficient manner.
- Trains warehouse personnel in material handling methods, and insuring that the applicable OSHA requirements are fulfilled including forklift certification.
- Manages the product selection function for the location.
- Administers the Factory Warranty policies and includes review and approval of warranty claims and the proper disposition of defective items.
- Ensures that the facility team adheres to all branch policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent combined education and experience.
- A minimum of seven years of experience related to the HVAC industry preferred, with experience in customer support and inventory management.
- Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including e-mail and Microsoft Office software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
- Effective and professional communication and organization skills.
- Strong analytical skills and a positive human relations orientation.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.