Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
The Branch Manager accountable for all customer service related operational objectives and integrated support of sales strategies. Ensures execution of the Customer Service function's strategic objectives of "Wow the Customer", "Navigate Customers" and "Cost to Serve". This is to be accomplished through best practices in the areas of talent management, customer service, sales growth and cost to serve. Manages and executes branch operations with a business ownership mindset, aligning actions and decisions to support profitable business results. Leadership: Owns the business and actively engages in strategic thinking, big picture vision, driving empowerment and being a role model who helps people link their work requirements to the success of the company.
- Provides leadership and strategic direction for a single or multi-site staff consisting of hourly and exempt employees.
- Understands, formulates and communicates sound business strategy to the team. Implements it in a clear and consistently focused manner.
- Creates a team where employees are engaged, empowered, enthusiastic and committed to the success of the company.
- Creates an environment for open, continuous and proactive communication. Maintains an open mind to benefit from diverse thoughts and ideas.
- Writes and conducts performance review discussions to ensure that expectations/goals are set, monitored and executed.
- Supports the growth and development of Assistant Branch Manager(s) by providing coaching and development opportunities.
- Makes sound, fact-based business decisions to support the needs and objectives of the business.
- Takes measured risks while being mindful to balance return on investment, service, ethics and integrity.
- Talent Management: Ensures key people drivers of Selection, On-boarding, Coaching and Rewards & Recognition are executed and support the Grainger Employee Promise.
- Provides regular coaching and performance feedback to employees to enhance customer service and sales skills.
- Establishes a professional development plan for each employee to aid their performance and career progression within
- Interviews and selects diverse talent with competencies that align with the Grainger Service Promise and Grainger's Core
- Selects and promotes employees with a passion for service, sales and personal growth.
- Provides rewards and recognition for employees who exhibit desired results and behaviors.
- Customer Service: Ensures Exceptional, WOW Service and Operational Excellence of the Branch. Ensures that the
- Knowledge & Skills of all employees are developed to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ensures all employees deliver on the Service Promise.
- Ensures proper staffing levels for world class service while controlling expenses.
- Is a customer advocate. May make sales calls to communicate the Grainger Value Advantage message.
- Understands the competitive landscape, its impact on the local market and takes action to gain market share and mitigate
- loss of current market share.
- Creates an environment that promotes cross-functional teamwork with all business functions.
- Drives and promotes district/region related initiatives.
- Communicates metrics and objectives and holds him/herself and the employees accountable to results.
- Drives improvement in customer satisfaction results using monitoring and other available tools.
- Growing Sales: Works toward positively impacting ROIC and Sales Growth to increase shareholder and PST value.
- Supports all sales growth, Inventory Solutions profitability strategies, and other business initiatives in partnership with AMs,.
Bachelor's degree required.
• Has experience building complete marketing plans leveraging internal and external resources.
• Has demonstrated program management success.
• Possesses effective project management, planning and facilitation skills.
• Possesses effective time-management skills.
• Has a demonstrated ability to influence and persuade varying levels of internal and external decision-makers.
• Ability to assist in aligning effective cross-functional work groups to develop integrated plans.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with channel marketing or business development.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.