The primary function of the Customer Service Associate (CSA) is to assist customers with all of their shopping needs. This includes assisting
customers in the selection, demonstration, preparation and loading of merchandise. The CSA is required to respond to customer inquiries
and support them throughout their shopping experience including promoting customer loyalty plans and/or extended
protection/replacement plans where appropriate. The CSA is also responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment by
conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping store areas clean and organized, and monitoring for potential theft or security
risks. Lastly, the CSA is responsible for completing all other duties as assigned.
Requires morning, afternoon, and evening availability any day of the week. Required to work a Corporate schedule determined by Staffing
Department, but may be changed by store management based on the needs of the store. Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day
require advanced notification and approval by supervisor. Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or 10 to 25 hours
per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store. (Individuals in the CSA V role are required to work FT
hours on the sales floor.)
This position reports to a Service or Support Manager and does not have direct reports.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Acting with Honor and Character: Integrity and Ethics
Administrative Ability: Computer Use
Arithmetic Computation: Arithmetic Computation
Basic Equipment Use/Assembly: Department Equipment and Systems Use in Assigned Area(s); Equipment Operations; Handheld Devices
Being Organizationally Savvy: Organizational and Department Knowledge
Communicating Effectively: English Language Proficiency; Telephone Etiquette; Verbal Communication
Conscientiousness/Inspection/Detail Orientation: Attention to Detail; Dependability
Customer Service: Customer Need Identification (Curiosity); Customer Service Orientation
Decision Making: Decision-Making; Problem Solving
Demonstrating Personal Flexibility: Adaptability/Flexibility; Learning; Stress Tolerance
Focusing on the Bottom Line: Accountability; Initiative
General Product or Service Knowledge: Demonstration; Department Merchandise in Assigned Area(s); General Product and Service
Getting Organized: Multi-Tasking; Time Management
Inspiring Others: Influence
Keeping on Point: Sense of Urgency
Loss Prevention: Inventory Control
Managing Diverse Relationships: Diversity Awareness
Policies & Procedures: Lowe's Policies and Procedures; Lowe's Safety and Loss Prevention Policies and Procedures; Return and Exchange
Power Equipment: Powered Equipment
Effective Date: 1/20/2017 Page 1 of 4
Sales Floor, Admin Office, Internet Department: Fulfillment (CSA V to Sales Floor Only)
Job Title: Customer Service Associate - Sales Floor
SH0011-SH0014, SH0019, SH9999, SH8888
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Continued)
Quality Awareness: Quality Awareness
Reading Comprehension: Reading Comprehension
Register Activities: Register Operation
Relating Skills: Interpersonal Skills; Listening; Sociability; Teamwork
Safety Orientation: Equipment and Tool Safety; Safety Orientation
Sales/Selling Orientation: Lowe's Credit Programs; Lowe's Sales Programs
Provides customer service at all times through the daily execution of (and not limited to) the customer greeting, phone answering, price
guarantee and special order, and Installed Sales and Delivery programs.
Follows IMPACT model of customer service by initiating, making assessment, providing assistance, adding on sales, closing sales, and
thanking the customer.
- Assists customers as needed in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
Responds knowledgeably and promptly to all customer and employee questions by taking them to areas of the store and walking them
through projects when necessary.
Detects common signs of shoplifting, theft, and other security risks, and promptly communicates them to management and/or Loss
Ensures good housekeeping standards are in place, and programs, such as Area Recovery, are executed daily to guarantee that the store
(including work areas) is clean and organized at all times.
- Complies with all safety procedures, makes note of any safety hazards, and completes daily safety hazmat review (DSHR).
- Notifies Manager/Manager on Duty (MOD) of customer complaints, dissatisfaction, and procedure violations.
- Promotes and offers customer loyalty programs (e.g., MyLowes).
- Responds to code 50's, call buttons, departmental pages, or requests for assistance.
- Down stocks merchandise by looking for empty areas on shelves and replenishing supplies.
- Uses Kronos to look up schedule and log PTO (Paid Time Off) requests.
- Uses Genesis to prioritize loads, print pricing labels, and to look up items or item numbers for price and inventory information.
- Promotes and offers customers extended protection plans and replacement plans on any qualifying products.
- Verifies description and price as merchandise is scanned.
- Provides prompt support to all checkout functions.
- Generates leads for Project Specialist Interior and Exterior (PSI and PSE) programs by actively engaging customers.
- Observes and validates items being carried in and out of the store by checking receipts and load tickets.
Prepares merchandise in department of responsibility based on customer requirements/specifications (e.g., tints and mixes paint, cuts and
threads pipe, cuts and bundles wood, cuts drywall, cuts blinds).
- Writes down customer information and date of pick up and attaches the information to orders.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.