Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Overview: Dangling Rope is our remote location marina on Lake Powell. An oasis on the main channel for boaters. This isolated operation is accessible only by boat or helicopter. On site housing is available as the main marina at Wahweap near Page, AZ is an hour boat ride away. This location has proven to be an outdoor enthusiasts dream. Energetic, personable individuals are encouraged to apply to work in this location. Endless adventure and opportunities to explore Glen Canyon National Recreation Area and Lake Powell are at your disposal on your days off.
Our guests are top-priority at Dangling Rope. All personnel are expected to be at their posts, ready to work at the time of their shift. This is required as many clientel will be there right at opening to fuel up, stock up and get back on the water. Cross training with the fuel dock and snack bar are essential as Dangling Rope operates in a clear and fluid manner.
So step out of your comfort zone and come join our team and Danglin Rope on Lake Powell for the most memorable summer job of your life!
http://www.lakepowell.com/discover/area-maps/south-lake-powell-map/ Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
Additional Job Functions:
- Responsible for opening and closing the location according to requisite National Park Service hours of operation.
- Oversees setting up and breaking down of work stations
- Oversees the sanitation of work stations including floors, worktables, walls, refrigerators, meat blocks, equipment, and utensils in Snack Bar
- Oversees the cashiers on duty and ensures that they are properly trained and adhere to the cashier policy
- Responsible for cash handling, safe verifications, preparing deposits
- Oversees the cooking and preparation of food items for the day according to recipes and brand requirements
- Responsible for making sure the staff uses correct portions when preparing and serving items on the line
- Must have high-level product knowledge and ability to train the staff to effectively service the customer
- Ensures staff completes daily temperature logs
- Oversees the product merchandising, line displays, and distribution of marketing materials
- Cycle Counts inventory on weekly basis.
- Delegates tasks to employees as necessary
- Provides on-going coaching and performance feedback to staff members
- Assists managers with employee discipline sessions, attendance logs, and maintaining up to date contact information
- Informs management of escalating employee conduct issues
- Responsible for making sure the staff properly disposes of waste
- Responsible for making sure each station has taken samples of all food items on the line prior to serving the customers
- Greets customers as they enter and leave the location
- Asks customers about the quality of their service and handle any complaints (with assistance from the manager on duty) while maintaining a positive attitude and smile
- Oversees staffing during peak times of operation and deal with labor shortages as needed
- Assists managers with administrative tasks, scheduling, ordering, and inventory responsibilities
- Ensures each station has the equipment and supplies needed to serve the customers
- Maintains a professional appearance
- Ensures and enforces all of Aramark's food safe handling policies and procedures
- Ensures uniform compliance of the staff members
- Maintain a safe work environment by enforcing all safety standards and assisting with STEP observations
- Cross-trains for all hourly positions at your location
- Works in other areas or departments as required by your manager
- Performs task as requested by your manager on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
- Supervises the staff and sanitation of location.
- Responsible for opening and closing the location, managing employee issues, and making sure the location is staffed appropriately.
Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- Great customer service and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment promote team work
- Ability to use confidential information in an appropriate manner and protect employee
- Ability to manage people and have accountability for company assets
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively use problem solving and decision
- making skills
- Basic computer skills and ability to quickly learn new technology systems
- Previous supervisory experience or experience in the food service industry
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- 3 to 6 years experience in the food service industry
- High school education or equivalent
- Interest in self development and desire to learn
Most often works in front-of-house. Requires ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, chemicals, steam and other at risk conditions. Requires frequent lifting and repetitive motion.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.