Primary Purpose of the Job:
This position is responsible for shipping, receiving, storeroom operations, and ship/pack delivery of selected coils for Arconic San Antonio Works. This includes shipping and receiving of parts, supplies, raw materials for process/production, operating the storeroom, setting up operating supplies, vendor managed inventory systems, receiving of supplies and services into the system as invoices are received, and assisting in any required administrative tasks as required by the plant. This position may also serve as a purchasing expediter; carrying out metal units (prime) and alloying materials purchases. In addition, this role may serve as an assistant operator by back filling the role of scrap handling and mill exit coil removal during line operation.
Major activities / Key challenges
- Use a computer to track inventory, add new inventory, fulfill purchasing requirements, and run inventory reports using Oracle eAM and Microsoft Office tools.
- Operate mobile equipment to complete job assignments in the receiving area such as but not limited to loading and unloading material.
- Prepares for financial ASAT audits and works with the auditors during the audits.
- Assists and supports the plant's housekeeping and TPM activities.
- Coordinate coil unwind, pack/ship team, and coordinating trucking for on time delivery with the Supply Chain Team.
- Back fill operator position for scrap handling and coil removal during line operation.
Essential Knowledge & Skills/Education
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and operate mobile equipment. The employee must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- High school/GED
- 2+ years in manufacturing experience/environment
- Forklift Experience
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.Preferred Qualifications
- Oracle eAM Experience
- Microsoft Office Experience
- Storeroom, Procurement, and Inventory policies and procedures
- Inventory tracking and ordering
- Coil requirements for pack/ship
- Purchasing and Expediting skills
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.