Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented supervising story artist to assist the cinematics team in creating the next generation of our award-winning cinematics! The supervising story artist will not only function as a conventional storyboard artist and collaboratively contribute to both story and sequence development with the creative team, but will also lead teams of six or more storyboard artists.Responsibilities
- Oversee multiple storyboard teams across multiple projects throughout the year, ensuring all work is to the satisfaction of the project directors' and creative team's vision.
- Manage all artistic and technical aspects of the storyboard department.
- Responsible for the direction, mentoring, and growth of the storyboard team.
- Responsible for yearly reviews as well as HR and recruiting issues as they arise with individual artists' career development.
- Facilitate creative feedback and project planning across the team.
- Ability to maintain excellent communication with pre-production pipeline teams: writing, editorial, previz, and production.
- Attend and balance daily meetings with directors on multiple projects, clarifying notes, and their creative follow-through with the storyboard team.
- Responsible for the success of every project that goes through storyboarding.
- Draw storyboards that depict the action, camera placement, and acting of the characters in that sequence.
- Present storyboards to the director and other members of the story team.
- Create and pitch alternate story solutions to the director and creative team.
- Minimum 5 years managing a creative team.
- Must be able to collaborate comfortably in a story room process.
- Must have strong composition and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of film is required, including language, acting, and craft.
- Able to present work in a clear and entertaining way.
- Strong layout and design skills.
- Be able to align individuals with tasks fitting their skillset.
- Understand the life cycle of long term projects.
- Strong, communicative draftsmanship.
- Proven ability to deal with a wide range of personnel issues: recruitment, career development, salary administration, and conflict resolution.
- A degree or equivalent in Computer Graphics, Animation, Filmmaking, or related field.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment IPs and games.
- Knowledge and experience using editing software.
- Experience collaborating with a writing team.
Please include a PDF Resume
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!