Job Description: GENERAL SUMMARY
The primary function of this position is to professionally represent SimplexGrinnell in the promotion and sales of system and service of all product lines within an assigned vertical and/or geographic market. This individual will be focused on seeking large opportunities in the Mining, Oil and Gas and Industrial markets. They must be capable of generating relationships at the C-level within these industries to influence and close sales. Experience in fire protection, suppression and/or security is beneficial but not an absolute requirement." DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Qualifications: REQUIREMENTS Education
- Close sufficient sales to meet Plan objectives as outlined in the Fiscal Year Incentive Program.
- Proactively develop a portfolio of construction industry accounts supporting targeted markets.
- Promote effective sales teaming and assist the district offices in closing large construction projects (100M+)
- Schedule sales calls and ensure strict adherence to systems and service pricing guidelines.
- Ensure that all requirements are met for the initial execution of the National Agreement including the formulation and distribution of a Playbook thereby ensuring a timely and smooth transition to the SST National Accounts Operations.
- Utilize web based virtual office; sales management and prospecting tools to effectively manage business and time, including the SimplexGrinnell CRM database.
- Maintain correct and complete records of all sales related activities and submit all required sales reports, expenses, weekly schedules and activity reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Employ strong communication & persuasion skills.
- Sell to senior level management and interact with all levels of an organization.
- Interact with SimplexGrinnell senior management and field personnel in a positive and supportive manner to foster the relationships with our strategic accounts.
- Travel 60% of time
- Technical conversational knowledge of industry
- Develop and execute sales strategy to maximize vertical market penetration.
- Manage the sales process working with the district offices.
- Participate and develop relationships in organizations relative to vertical market
- Perform other duties as assigned.
: Bachelor's Degree in a business/technical discipline Experience
: Seven to ten years experience with industry sales. Special Skills
: Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
Good sales techniques and solid presentation skills.
Self-motivator with good organizational skills.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.