Crouse-Hinds business has an opening for a Strategic Account Manager for
Manufacturing, CPG, Food and Beverage accounts. This person will ideally be
located in the Dallas Area.
Crouse-Hinds Wonderware West combines outstanding industry expertise
with market-leading Schneider Electric Software to develop optimized
client solutions that deliver real-time success for customers operating in Oil
& Gas, Manufacturing, Food and Beverage, Solar Power, Infrastructure, Life
Sciences and Water & Wastewater.
Strategic Account Manager (SAM) will be responsible for the achievement of
Sales & Margin objectives for a defined set of strategic accounts. This
includes growing and developing Strategic Accounts and targeted new customers
within Manufacturing, CPG, Food and Beverage industries which Wonderware West
serves. The primary purpose of this position is to “increase the share of
wallet spend” with Strategic Accounts. This will be done by selling more
of the Schneider Electric Software (Wonderware) portfolio and taking market
share from competitors sales,
SAM will be responsible for providing strategic business leadership of key
accounts. In this role, the SAM will enable sales, services and support
organizations to achieve its goal of winning value-producing deployments,
driving customer satisfaction and growing revenue. The SAM will build and
manage key relationships at the most senior level possible, monitor deployment
projects, engage resources and lead a diverse and talented virtual team.
- Manage and drive the strategy in a team environment of
4 to 6 Strategic Accounts
- Identify and drive multiple strategic pursuits
- Pursue a small targeted list of additional assigned
focused and prospect accounts (may have 2 key accounts that we want to
move to Strat Accounts. Others will be Strat Accounts)
- Responsible for the achievement of sales quotas and
customer satisfaction for assigned accounts with a disciplined approach
in the way they manage pipeline and opportunities, always meeting sales
targets and quota. Manages, updates and maintains an accurate pipeline and
forecast in CRM system.
- Forecast existing and projected sales opportunities for
performance and quota attainment purposes
- Responsible for selling at the most strategic level
within the account and implementing a broad solutions and services
strategy. Leading and influencing customer decisions to buy, build
and transform their business leveraging Schneider Electric Software
solutions and products
- Leverage the Account Manager team in the assigned
- Mobilizes all appropriate Wonderware West and partner
resources including (Sales, Technical Specialists, Consulting, Support,
Product Groups and Executives) in support of strategic sales and
initiatives that support customer interests that the SAM advocates on the
- Teams with the customer’s IT & OT organizations to
build strategic relationships within the account, articulating a clear
vision, generating enthusiasm, and impacting multiple operating groups
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders and business
decision makers to understand the customer’s business:
- Develops a deep understanding
of how stakeholders fit into the business and the results they want to
- Seeks widespread support from
both business and technical key stakeholders
- Sells to Business Decision Makers based on business
value and business outcomes vs. transactional selling
- Prepares written materials in response to customer
requests. Collaborates with regional resources in completion of these
materials as well. E.g., Requests for Proposals (RFP), Standards of Work
- Aligns industry insights to key customer priorities and
ties those insights back to Wonderware West unique differentiators and
solutions to improve sales performance
- Clearly articulates the Schneider Electric Software
value proposition and engages the customer in jointly addressing their
- Identifies and grows key relationships in existing and
new customer organizations
- Implements new product-launch strategies
- Develops, manages and executes the solution sales
process to include marketing, lead generation, prospecting, proposal
strategy and development, negotiation and sales closing
- Develops and maintains relationships with strategic SI
and vendor sources for additional lead generation Identifies trends
through current market intelligence to help form strategies and action
plans to improve sales performance.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with customers
and executive sponsors to drive product adoption and ensure they are using
existing products and solutions to achieve full business value.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is
- Minimum 5 years of solutions sales experience
within Manufacturing, Food and Beverage, or CPG.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position
- Extensive demonstrated experience in deal structure,
solution sales process and negotiation (internal and external)
- Skills in business development and managing large
- Experience engaging with executive within large
- Skills in business development and managing large
strategic accounts (including forecasting, quota attainment, sales
presentations, short-term, mid-term, and long-term opportunity management
- Extensive experience engaging with senior executives
within large enterprise customers
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written
communication, analytical and presentation skills are required.
- Possess demonstrated decision making, problem solving,
and negotiating skills.
- Has excellent organization and collaboration skills
- Must be a strategic thinker and have proven excellence
in Strategic Account planning and delivery
- Strong background in (IT/OT) business and operational
- Ability to understand a client's business drivers and
align to Schneider Electric Software solutions.
- Demonstrated experience and success with solution
selling process, and strong team selling approach.
- Possess the necessary skills to negotiate issues with
peers, partners, and clients using a Win/Win philosophy.
- Technology background and understanding is essential.
- Proficient in the core capabilities, value proposition
and competitive differentiation of software solutions. Technical
- Core technologies: IoT, Big
Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, Business Process Management
- Enterprise APM, plant dashboards and intelligence,
human machine interfaces (HMI), supervisory control and data acquisition
(SCADA) systems, plant and enterprise historians, batch management
applications, manufacturing execution systems (MES) designed for managing,
operations and business workflow, controlling and improving manufacturing
- 10 years successful sales in a technology environment
- Knowing Schneider Electric products and solutions
(Wonderware) is preferred
- Previous experience working for automation companies is
- Experience working with enterprise business software
and/or consulting companies
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD MTL Measurement Technology Limited
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.