Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams' success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today! I. Job Summary
Generates revenue utilizing a consultative, strategic approach in the sale of Waste Management solutions to large, complex accounts as assigned. Prospects and closes major accounts to achieve budgeted sales goals. Accesses Senior management of the customer's organization and develops collaborative win-win partnerships. Develops and implements sound selling strategies that ensure revenue growth at target or greater profitability levels by selling to new customers only.
This is a field-based position. This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation and recognition programs upon successful completion of sales orientation and/or training programs. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Senior, executive level customer relationship management.
- Has in-depth customer-industry experience and insight.
- Represents Waste Management and networks in industry platforms and associations in assigned territory.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. Communicates to and works with the Segment and Area leadership team to resolve unique customer issues.
- Effectively manages prospects by developing sound marketing plans and maintaining key information in the prospect database.
- Maintains sales pipeline to achieve business goals.
- Matches Waste Management services and solutions with the customer's needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, their buying criteria, the marketplace, and the competition. Effectively communicates strategies; proactively engages Waste Management team members to effectively execute and exceed customer expectations.
- Effectively uses Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Sales Force.com, Prospect & Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.). Proposes customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Business Administration, Communications, Finance, or similar area of study or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Ten years of prior work experience in the Food and Retail Industry and/or sales, or a related field (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Active membership in industry business associations.
- Ability to convert customer cancellation requests in order to maintain revenue levels, and/or complex negotiations skills required.
General Competencies Include:
V. Work Environment
- Build Relationships
- Communicate With Impact
- Demonstrate Adaptability
- Demonstrate Integrity and Courage
- Demonstrate Professionalism
- Initiate Action
- Produce Results
- Think Strategically
- Gain Commitment
- Influence and Negotiate
- Manage Work/Time
- Plan and Organize
- Use Ethical Practices
- Problem solving skills
- Proficient with computer and software applications
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.