American Express Global Business Travel
is dedicated to helping its clients realize the greatest possible value from their investment in travel through a combination of industry-leading booking technology, travel management consulting expertise, strategic sourcing and supplier negotiation support and customer service available around the world, around the clock, Online and offline resulting in increased cost savings, outstanding customer service and great spent control.
We're moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies that will revolutionize the travel industry and bring greater value to our business customers. Our clients success expands our success, so we put our heart and soul into helping our clients achieve results that exceed all expectations. As the world's largest travel management company, we are continuing to build alliances with key travel leaders and suppliers throughout the world, strengthening our position as a quality provider to companies of all sizes. Should you be part of our distinguished team?
If you have previous experience in sales/new business development specifically in the Private Equity and or Financial Services space and seek the opportunity to create new business, build influential relationships with new prospects, and develop a web of influence at senior levels, all while achieving true work/life balance, invest in your career with American Express Business Travel with over 150 years of innovation behind us, our future could not look more promising.The Private Equity, Strategic Account Manager
will specifically focus on selling consulting and strategic travel management solutions and engagements. Leading innovative account management strategies, and is focused on increasing profitability and deepening client relationships within a portfolio of Global Business Travel Middle Market accounts. The Private Equity Strategic Account Manager's role is to grow and increase the non-transactional revenue of the client's portfolio, through a combination of skills:
- Exceptional relationship management and consultative sales skills.
- A sophisticated ability to synthesize client needs.
- Identify opportunities, drive growth and develop innovative, value-add and client focused solutions.
- A strong understanding of the external market and in-depth knowledge of the power of the GBT value proposition.
- Increasing profitability by proactively identifying new opportunities and delivering innovative solutions that continue to add value and expand Amex's web of influence.
- Leading sales efforts to deliver multiple revenue streams and further penetrate accounts, with a focus on driving non-transaction, premium revenue.
- Developing an in-depth understanding of key business drivers, organizational culture and the competitive position of clients.
- Strategic Account Managers must be able to 'get under the skin' of the individual clients they work with and understand their individual needs, motivations and 'hot buttons', in order to develop truly customer focused solutions.
- Researching the marketplace and competitor products and services to highlight the value that distinguishes GBT products, and specifically leverages MI, benchmarking, and technology as critical value drivers.
- Creating creative pricing strategies, and contributing to ongoing client P&L management.
- Leading business planning, C-Level executive reviews, quarterly and annual reviews, and business negotiations on rebids for strategic accounts.
- Enhancing the American Express Global Business Travel value proposition through policy consultation, researching white paper needs, technology road mapping, optimizing online solutions, and event content development.
- Developing client innovation forums, including agenda ideas and content, guest speakers, panelists, and facilitators specific to driving premium revenue.
- 3 to 5 years account / client management, sales, consulting, or procurement experience required.
- Proven success in consultative selling is required, in addition to demonstrated success increasing client revenue and profitability.
- Demonstrated ability to create strategic vision, build action plans, set goals.
- Proven innovative problem-solving abilities and decision making skills required, in addition to project management, prioritization, and planning skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, including the ability to handle objections and achieve mutually beneficial solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively build and maintain a comprehensive network, both internally and externally, in order to successfully navigate through client organizations.
- A sophisticated range of communication and presentation skills in order to present complex ideas in a simple and compelling way to a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn, understand, and articulate key product and value proposition knowledge in a variety of contexts.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical mindset required to leverage the key drivers of profitability.
- Strong Business acumen required to communicate the Amex/Business Travel value proposition up to and including the "C Suite".
- Strong collaborative skills.
- Previous experience with clients in Middle Market accounts ($5-$20MM air volume) and travel management preferred.
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills required.
- Virtual office experience a plus! This position will manage a client portfolio in the Northeast of the United States, and the successful candidate must reside within the Northeast area.
- Must be able to travel 10-15% of the time
United States>New York>Virtual Location
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement