The Strategic Accounts (SA) Pricing Analyst is responsible for assisting in creating product and customer financial analyses that support the development and implementation of pricing strategies, price execution policies and overall optimization of price management that are consistent with the goals of the Airgas Strategic Accounts team. The Pricing Analyst generates ongoing pricing analytics and timely accurate information in order to support overall Strategic Account, market segment, product and customer objectives. The role requires the ability to work independently and in teams while making strategic price recommendations to Strategic Accounts Business Management (SA BM) team and associated sales personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Promote adoption of best practices in price management that are in alignment with
Strategic Account profitability goals
• Document and maintain any processes for which the SA Pricing Analysts are
responsible for leading. Communicate changes to affected audience when directed by management
• Provide pricing support and reporting for Strategic Account Market Segments,
Strategic Account customers, as well as other miscellaneous major pricing and
profitability initiatives. Summarize and present key findings to internal stakeholders to facilitate the development of new strategies and/or tactics to improve profitability
• Participate in the design, testing, validation and implementation of PROS pricing
software. Responsible for providing the SA Business Management team & field
with training on the Strategic Account use cases. Work collaboratively with SA
BM leadership to ensure any offline processes developed support online PROS
• Perform PROS System Admin functions as they relate to Strategic Account activities
(e.g. maintain SA-specific Lookups in Price Optimizer (PO), load monthly updates for the National Adder Program, etc.), serving as a "Super User" for the Strategic
• Work closely with the Radnor Pricing Group and the SA Reporting and Measurement
Services team to update and maintain PROS & ARG SQL database-related reports on a monthly basis
• Establish and maintain index formulas in PROS PO as they correlate to Strategic
Account agreement language from a listing maintained by the SA Reporting and
Measurement Services team
• Facilitate the proper management and execution of the Corporate Approval Process
• In conjunction with the SA Business Management Team, affected Sales Leader(s) and
the national Master Data Integrity team, perform tagging, partnership and pricing
audits ahead of annual price adjustments
• Monitor and maintain SA-owned price lists
• Assist in representing the interests and goals of Strategic Accounts when working
across all functional areas inside Airgas
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor's degree or combination of equivalent education and experience required -
relative business, finance, math/statistics, or information technology
• Minimum of two to four years of related work experience - pricing, financial,
profitability analysis, product marketing, or economics
• Robust analytical skills and ability to utilize computer systems and related tools,
including SAP, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and Power Point. Experience with
Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, PROS software
configuration and SAP Quickviewer (SQVI) a plus
• Able to quickly identify relevant detail while working with voluminous data
• Displays business acumen through strong communication and decision-making skills
• Comfortable facilitating meetings and presenting content to large groups in person and via conference call
• Self-starting, proactive individual that is comfortable working independently and in
teams, with minimal supervision
• Able to manage multiple projects under time constraints in a dynamic environment
• Able to interact and work with all levels of Airgas personnel including, but not limited to Senior Management, Sales Leaders, and Support staff
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or
controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
• Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
• Modest travel required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work
environment is an office setting.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.