Under general direction, provides sales leadership to develop and support strategic account executive level business relationships to achieve profitable results. Develops and executes corporate client executive level selling strategies, targeting specific corporate customers. After initial Corporate Client business relationship is established the Business Development Director is responsible to transition relationships and account management responsibilities to an assigned JCI Account Team. Continue involvement with established accounts as an account team member responsible for managing executive level relationships. TYPICAL DUTIES:
- Responsible to deliver sales results through Controls Strategic Accounts and Advanced Solutions sales. Provide direct sales activity to secure strategically important accounts and opportunities. Develop and maintain executive level relationships. Target corporate executive level clients to develop business and financial solutions.
- Identify specific accounts and opportunities as targets. Provide initiative oversight. Support Global Account and Area sales resources to develop projects and opportunities. Assists Global Account teams in planning, organizing and building the sales and support team competencies necessary to sell, develop, and deliver advanced solution offerings.
- Seek out, target and initiate contact with major prospective customers within assigned vertical market. Develop network of contacts. Qualify and assess targeted accounts.
- Build influential partnering relationships with the assigned accounts. Fully understand customer's goals, objectives and business needs. Target information and JCI solutions based on customer's requirements. Recommend solutions that serve the customer's business objective. Differentiate JCI products and services from competitors.
- Develop and manage strategically important relationships that further business development activity. Build alliances that support our advanced solutions business proposition; alliances that develop competency, brand, and secure work. Work closely with Controls Marketing to monitor and analyze market trends and competitive issues within the facility outsourcing and energy businesses.
Bachelor's degree in business, MBA preferred. Eight to ten years' experience in outsourcing industry or financial sales, including three to five years of direct sales or sales management experience. Demonstrated knowledge of outsourcing or energy industry products and services.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.