Strategic Business Analyst for Oracle Data Cloud
Posted: October 12, 2016
Reference ID: 160014NP
We're looking for a top-notch business analyst to help lead projects and define key strategic initiatives for the Oracle Data Cloud.
An example project would be to define our international expansion strategy. Which regions or countries should we target? Which products should we launch? With whom should we partner? You will need to conduct market research, speak with subject matter experts, work with internal, cross functional teams to not only answer these questions but also to put together a story and get organizational buy-in from key executives.
Other projects could include topics such as the following:
- Data Partnership Strategy: What data assets are we missing and how should we fill those gaps? How should we prioritize competing data assets? How do we balance coverage vs. granularity vs. branding? How do we communicate our strategy to the broader market?
- Growth Strategy: Where should we place our bets (product, industry, etc.) and how should we position the Oracle Data Cloud to be the market leader? What are our competitors doing and how do we compare? What assets do we have that we can leverage? How should we think about the tradeoff between margin and scale? Is that a trade off we need to make? What gaps do we have in our offerings and how should we bridge those gaps?
The hiring manager is based in Colorado, but this role can be based out of Colorado, San Francisco, or New York and will likely require travel (about one week per month).
Candidates should be self-motivated with a high degree of intellectual curiosity. The projects will be conducted in a "team" setting--the business analyst will lead several workstreams, with input from key stakeholders across product, data science, sales, and marketing.
An ideal profile is a candidate with experience from a top-tier management consulting firm. Prior experience in advertising or ad tech is a plus, but not required.
• Comfort with ambiguity. We don't have all the answers, but a structured, data-driven approach will lead us in the right direction
• Analytical. What trends are we seeing in the market overall and in our business that can help us make the right decisions?
• Insightful. How do we take a massive amount of information and draw out the most important takeaways?
• A natural storyteller. Weaves together information in a way that influences decisions and drives actions. Focuses on the customer by creating a compelling value proposition.
• Charismatic and team-oriented. The role will require getting buy-in from many players that don't report into the core team.
Skills: 2-5 years of progressively increased responsibilities in sales, marketing, or business development experience preferred. Demonstrated aptitude for solving business problems using technology and applications. Ability to work with and communicate effectively with multiple colleagues in a team selling environment. Business and account planning implementation experience. Conversant in Oracle technology and product strategies. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Ability to travel. BA/BS degree or equivalent.
Responsible for the identification of relevant new business opportunities and designs "go-to-market" plan to deliver measurable and significant revenues. Pursues sales opportunities in the market, and carries the baton in the beginning of the sales cycle.
A Business Development Representative is assigned to strategic accounts which may be grouped by industry where Oracle has a limited presence. Acts as primary liaison between Consulting, Sales, and Oracle Development for the product*s sales opportunities. Generates business opportunities through prospecting mass market programs and leveraging third party partners. Develops and coordinates a worldwide relationship with customers that establishes Oracle as a preferred vendor and optimizes Oracle*s sales of product. Executes aggressive strategies and plans to successfully drive the product as the preferred customer selection. Provides account representatives with information on how the product addresses specific needs, and assists account representatives in using Oracle*s products to leverage large revenue opportunities. Assists in articulating product message, coordinates technical resources and hands off deals to a successful close.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. 2-5 years of progressively increased responsibilities in sales, marketing, or business development experience preferred. Demonstrated aptitude for solving business problems using technology and applications. Ability to work with and communicate effectively with multiple colleagues in a team selling environment. Business and account planning implementation experience. Conversant in Oracle technology and product strategies. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Ability to travel. BA/BS degree or equivalent.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.