Strategic Customer Program Engineer (Oracle Management Cloud)
Oracle's Management Cloud organization is seeking a Strategic Customer Program Engineer to provide enterprise level support to our customers and partners. This is a very dynamic role where you will provide technical assistance and sales support, troubleshoot and resolve customer problems, interface with engineering on various product issues, and contribute to projects revolving around support tools, knowledge management, our growing market place of solutions, and more. In addition to this the candidate will fuel solutions to ensure enterprise deployments make the deepest impact possible across the organization. Oracle SCP Engineers solve organizations' most challenging problems, including the ones they didn't know existed. They are self-motivated, have an insatiable thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast paced environment. Successful SCP engineers feel comfortable mastering new technologies and come from a variety of business, analytic and technology backgrounds. The OMC SCP engineer will also work closely with sales in a pre-sales engineering capacity for the development of sales opportunities.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As an engineer in Oracle Management Cloud (OMC) Strategic Customer Program team, you will
• work with customers and partners to deliver successful trial and production deployments, implement customer a variety of technical use cases, and build enthusiastic customer references
• collaborate across the OMC organization to represent the product and technical teams in customer engagements, and work with product management to identify and test new product features and enhancement requests
• deliver sales presentations and product demonstrations to customers, sales staff and field engineers
• support adoption of OMC services during all stages of qualification and development including discovery, planning/delivering compelling demonstrations/trials, and production implementations
• leverage field experiences and best practices to create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of OMC
• contribute to marketing activities when required, write and deliver technical presentations, attend and demonstrate OMC solutions at field events, and provide input to the functional and technical elements of tender documents, such as RFIs/RFPs.
Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills are required for this position. Candidates should have the ability to communicate and collaborate with technical and non-technical customers in all parts of an organization, from IT administrators, to executive-level stakeholders.
Candidates must also have strong problem-solving skills. They must be able to quickly explore, examine and understand complex issues and how they affect customer goals and objectives. Based on problem analysis, candidates should be able to plan and work with customers and their fellow OMC engineers to implement and manage an OMC project from analysis to completion.
Key qualifications for the position include
• 10 years of experience in IT organizations. Ideally, candidates have at least 2 years of experience in Field/Service Engineering, Consulting or Technical Support.
• A BA, BS or MS in computer science, computer engineering or mathematics, or equivalent work experience.
Candidates should have experience in one or more of the following technologies
• Scripting languages, such as bash or PowerShell
• Markup languages, including XML, HTML5 and JSON
• Database administration, including Oracle and SQLServer
• Application server administration, including Tomcat, JBoss and WebLogic
Experience in the following areas is of particular interest
• Big Data Analytics
• Log Management and Analysis
• Statistical and Analytical Modeling
• Experience with any of the following products
• Splunk, Sumo Logic, Loggly
• AppDynamics, New Relic
• SaaS-based IT operations management solutions
Candidates must be willing to travel up to 75% of the time as required for customer engagements.
Experience with a broad range of technologies and an ability to utilize them to solve customer problems is essential. Well qualified candidates will be familiar with all flavors of UNIX (Linux, OEL, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX), LDAP, Windows, and Mac OS X. A deep understanding of relational databases, various middleware technologies, and application languages is expected. Ideal candidate will have a breadth of experience with heterogeneous/multi-vendor application technologies - in development, deployment and administration.
Experience with- and ability to self-direct the use of Virtualization technologies for bringing together aforementioned OS, Middleware, and Database platforms in building out functional N-tier app deployments for purposes of use-case refinement, demonstration, and testing of end-to-end application environments. Need demonstrated success working with complex enterprise application environments, with the ability to understand relevant sources of machine data, such as performance logs, application logs, audit logs, security data sources, network centric data, etc.
You should be comfortable working for a dynamic, technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must be competent and confidence to deal with deployment and management of these technologies in the field. The ability to advance several engagements/initiatives simultaneously is expected.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.