****Please only apply to https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs#28071
****You will not be considered otherwise****
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
We are seeking an experienced sourcing manager who is looking to grow into a role of managing and negotiating with Silicon partners. In this role, you will act as the primary contact for selecting vendors, negotiation and supplier management. You will lead the engagement with the supply base, support the development organization and implementation of product strategy with best in class pricing, flexibility and supply assurance. This job requires an engineer who can work closely with the Hardware team and communicate and influence silicon commodity strategy. Requirements:
Nice to Have:
- 2+ years of experience in sourcing and managing Silicon suppliers (CPU/storage/memory/RF) with exposure to key players in the industry.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar strongly preferred. Additional years of industry experience (outlined above) considered in lieu of relevant degree.
- Excellent knowledge of component manufacturing process.
- Extensive negotiation experience with global suppliers and demonstrable success in cost reduction.
- Proven track record in researching, building, and maintaining cost models that enable product road map decisions.
- Able to travel up to 20% to Asia, especially Taiwan and China.
- Experience with component specification analysis and/or experience in comparing data sheets.
- Experience in semiconductor Engineering, product management, or NPI product operations.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Peerless discretion and judgment.
- Solid fact-finding abilities.
- Good communicator; able to sell the company in a crowded market.
Based in our sunny San Francisco office with stunning views of the AT&T Ballpark and the Bay beyond, Meraki offers an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with high quality snacks, catered lunches every day and a generous benefits package.
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.