We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $63 billion in net revenue in 2015 and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2015 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose
. For more information on PepsiCo and the possibilities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com . Functional Description:
PepsiCo Finance partners have a seat at a table, and a voice in the conversation, across the company. Successful interns gain a foundation of the functional and organizational skills needed to contribute to these conversations as they rotate through different teams over the course of their career. Because the internship program is a critical feeder of future Finance leadership, interns must learn to take the risks and ask the questions required of the company's rising stars.
PepsiCo Finance is made up of the following functional areas across all divisions, unless otherwise noted:
- A&M Finance manages marketing budgets across all brands. The team is responsible for planning and resource allocation, ongoing performance management and spend oversight/governance, ROI analysis and investment strategies for key areas of spend (e.g. sports/media), and productivity initiatives.
- Brand & Innovation Finance builds annual and long-term strategic brand plans and prepares the business case for new innovation. Brand & Innovation associates partner with Marketing and other cross-functional teams to build financial plans and inform forecasts for the brands under their purview, provide recommendations on capital expenditures and new launches and analyze product performance.
- Financial Planning manages sector and corporate financial performance through action-oriented analytical insights and traditional financial tools. FP&A associates focus on the development of monthly forecasts, the annual operating plan, and the three-year strategic plan. FP&A partners with senior management to prepare presentations for the Executive Committee and Wall Street.
- Revenue Management sets retail pricing and package architecture strategy, advises on customer portfolio strategy and manages trade spend. Revenue Management Associates assess consumer and category trends, the customer landscape and the competitive environment to develop these recommendations.
- Supply Chain Finance manages the company's product manufacturing and distribution strategies by analyzing production, labor, transportation and selling costs. Supply Chain associates assess the historical and projected financial economics of producing and selling company products. Associates also evaluate productivity initiatives and perform capacity analyses to drive critical capital decisions and inform production planning.
What you can expect:
- Treasury manages corporate liquidity as well as foreign exchange and commodity exposure. Treasury associates develop cash flow forecasts and mobilization strategies, invest cash balances, evaluate financing proposals, execute FX & Commodity hedging plans, and review insurance coverage and terms to support annual renewals.
A summer internship in Finance at PepsiCo is an opportunity to independently solve a critical business problem. Each intern is presented with a timely question for their team, and challenged to both think strategically and engage cross-functional partners to provide a provocative and comprehensive recommendation during their final presentation. This structure mirrors the project-based work process of full-time employees. Although this process lends itself to great autonomy in setting agenda, workflow and output, interns have the full support and backing of their managers and the broader Finance organization. As a class, PepsiCo Finance interns are availed of best-in-class exposure to senior leadership, education on the myriad pieces of the global PepsiCo organization, and opportunities to build relationship with fellow interns across both functions and US PepsiCo headquarters (New York, Dallas and Chicago). Qualifications/Requirements What we're looking for:
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Currently concentrating in: Finance (other related concentrations will be considered)
- Bright, self-starting, innovative thinkers who are passionate about consumer products
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to collaborate within teams and across functions
- First-year MBAs should demonstrate leadership experience and corporate finance interest
- Strong communication, influencing, and problem-solving skills
- Bias for working with numbers
- Spanish fluency is strongly preferred
- Willing and able to relocate to Miami, FL
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability Protected Veteran:
- Graduate with MBA degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
- Be eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
- List the following on submitted resume:
- GPA (unless your school has a non-disclosure policy)
- GMAT score
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law ( http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster ) & EEO is the Law Supplement ( http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement ) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser. Relocation Eligible
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.