Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. Strategic Influence Director What do you get to do in this position? 1. Define the Building influence strategy in the domain of Electrical Distribution and Building Automation and Control to position SE as industry thought leader
2. Execute the Building Influence Strategy: thought leadership content creation, activity with Industry Analysts, actions with SE lobbying, participation to NGOs, conference etc.
- Define and drive the overall Buildings BU influencing strategic priorities to position SE as industry thought leader in both Electrical Distribution and Building Automation and Controls
- Ensure overall alignment across the Building BU and gain buy-in to support the Building BU influencing/ thought leadership strategic priorities
- Connect with other SE businesses and SE Group entities to understand how their thought leadership interacts/overlaps with the Buildings BU and align on priorities
- Engage with and support as required SE Lobbying/regulatory activities in select markets to drive Buildings BU influencing strategic priorities and be aware/prepared for potentially adverse regulatory actions. Establish appropriate relations within the Group, and ensure both proactive and reactive drive of Building BU influencing priorities.
- Based on the Building influencing priorities, identify and align on the priorities for the standardization team as well as other stakeholders within the BU
- Set up and animate a Buildings BU Influence Board to engage Divisions, LoBs and other appropriate SE entities and make sure of alignment of influence strategy with overall business strategy
3. Participate in selected bodies and NGO to deliver influence per BU strategy
- Develop deployment strategy. Identify stakeholder, media, measures required to successfully execute. Identify existing/ required resources, map existing/ missing activities and close the gap where required
- Organize development of required thought leadership content & material, provide senior management with appropriate guidance and support material
- Identify Building senior management respectively subject matter expert that can serve as representatives with Analysts, at regulatory bodies, or NGO’s etc.
- Organize influence channels with Global Marketing. Engage and drive exchanges with Industry Analysts through Global Marketing. Together with Global Marketing execute social media campaigns to promote thought leadership pieces. Coordinate with Global Marketing Thought Leadership to insure a consistent and accurate messaging of identified topics.
- Implement action plan with SE lobbying/regulatory groups in select markets.
- Organize deployment in countries in coordination with relevant stakeholders
- Establish appropriate progress monitoring
Qualifications: This job might be for you if:
- Identify key “bodies", associations and NGOs that support BU influencing strategy. Align across BU and within country organizations to select/ prioritize NGOs for most impact
- Ensure coverage and engage with selected entities and drive BU strategic priorities
- Recruit Building BU personnel for NGO leadership
- Learn by doing, and adapt our influence strategy and practices
- You have a strategic mindset and have a long-term perspective
- You have a proven ability to master marketing & the strategic analysis
- You know/understand influence channels and related methodology \
- Your have an e xcellent understanding and knowledge of the overall energy market and building markets
- You understand global electrical standards, buildings controls, IoT in Buildings
- You feel comfortable in representing Schneider Electric externally, can present orally clearly and are convincing
- You have excellent networking capability
- You have a proven ability to work with external stakeholders
- You have organization and functional management skills
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.