Job Location: Whippany, NJ or Tampa, FL
MetLife Investments Technology is looking to onboard a change agent to drive tangible improvements across delivery, staffing, and innovation with our offshore providers. The individual will indirectly oversee a headcount of 250+ resources and $10M in annual spend.
- Strategic: Owner of IT offshoring engagement including, but not limited to, Cognizant; Be a change agent and thought leader partnering with offshore provider on items related to operating model updates, efficiencies and innovation
- Program and Financial Management: Participate on initiatives including DevOps, Agile, and future offshore supplier negotiations including, but not limited to, Cognizant; Ensure financial commitments, penalties, and SLAs are realized via proactive oversight
- Operational: Execute on the three-year offshore playbook including staffing model improvements and optimization of operating model via devops/agile initiatives; Oversee implementation of contractual commitments and ongoing governance related to items including use of innovation funds, co-lab, niche pricing, succession planning, and much more; Enhance supplier reporting and dashboards over time; Drive ongoing quarterly leadership meetings with supplier leveraging dashboards and forward looking content; Lead ongoing change order process for MSOW and/or work orders and adjust playbook as necessary; Manage internal processes including ongoing optimization (operational excellence); Coordinate additional items such as knowledge management, BRP plans and India travel as needed·
- Stakeholder/Relationship Management: Update Investments Technology Senior Leadership on initiative progress via formal governance program; Partner with the MetLife Vendor Management Office and Program Management Office on initiatives including ongoing supplier governance/reporting; Provide guidance and expertise on internal financial approval processes
- 10+ Years of Offshore Experience including leading offshore teams
- 8+ Years of managing mid- to large programs with measurable successes
- Extensive knowledge of SDLC, Agile, App Development, Testing, and Production Management
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office with xcellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent ability to influence and direct peers and accountable for results
- Proven ability to respond within short time constraints and meet deadlines, while maintaining accuracy
- Team player, detail oriented, able to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Openness to an environment of active developmental feedback from peers and managers
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred Skills: 5+ Years of Financial Management; 5+ Years of Resource Management; PMP Certified
Global Technology & Operations- Enterprise App Development – Investments IT
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 52842
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.