The incumbent will play a key role in the organization serving both internal and external customers. This high profile role encompasses a number of responsibilities including supporting the strategic planning processes for the business unit, supporting market sizing, forecasting and analysis function, partner with Corporate and PPG Strategy and corporate Business Development Group on potential M&A activities of interest, and constructing high-level messages and presentations for internal, corporate and external audiences. The role requires a big picture strategic thinker with strong analytical and communication skills to synthesize and articulate key messages while still maintaining the comfort-level to dig into the details, as needed. The incumbent must have the credibility and confidence to act as a thought partner for senior executives and to interact with external market analysts. Responsibilities:
- Support the strategic planning process ensuring high quality deliverables are completed within required deadlines
- Drive the agenda and preparation for Etch's Quarterly Strategy Review meeting held with the Business Unit head and Etch Senior Staff
- Gather data, analyze competitor strategies, provide updates and act as a thought partner to a variety of constituencies - Etch Senior Staff, Business Management, Product Managers, Sales...
- Identify and support potential M&A and Joint Development activities to strengthen overall Etch business portfolio
- Support the quarterly market sizing, forecasting and market share analysis for the Business Unit, working closely with Business Management and Finance to identify revenue and market share targets.
- Analyze the economic environment including monitoring end-user trends impacting market demand, identifying emerging new markets, and tracking worldwide customer investment plans, technology adoption and changes to the customer landscape
- Track competitors' positions by customer/application segment and assist in sizing and prioritizing specific penetration opportunities
- Meet external market analysts (e.g., Gartner/Dataquest, VLSI) to discuss market trends and Etch market share
- Act as the key point of contact for Corporate Investor Relations, responding to requests to meet with investors, providing the quarterly IR sizing and win/loss updates, and defining key Etch messages to include in the company's quarterly earnings call
- Lead or assist, as needed, in constructing executive presentations for internal and external audiences including quarterly All Hands, QBRs, Strategy Reviews, Sales Training, PSE and ET conferences, customers, tradeshows and analyst/investor conferences
Masters or higher, preferably MBA Key Skills
- Strategic Thinking
- Outstanding Communication Capabilities
- Technical Understanding
- Ability to work effectively with all levels and functional areas
- Advanced Powerpoint and Excel capabilities
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.