Power Power Generation Services
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that
helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We
are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the
world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant
solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies
and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable,
accessible and sustainableGE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Strategic Marketing Executive
Business Strategy & Growth Initiatives
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Atlanta (US), Baden (SW)
The Executive will develop a strategic marketing practice that will operate at the Power Services HQ level and globally across both region and product line marketing teams. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and driving white space growth opportunity across the portfolio, for comprehensive competitive analysis, and for driving annual blueprint (strategic priorities) and annual growth playbook review.
critical leadership activities in this role include, but are not limited to the
* Lead teams to help regions and product lines
focus on specific and targeted outcomes; provide expertise on growth
vectors, total addressable market, segmented addressable market and share
* Build a marketing strategy and marketing
data analytics powerhouse... a new kind of internal strategic function that
can serve as a model for other GE businesses
* Promote teamwork and partnership with the
regional or product line teams to achieve goals
* Presentation of thought leadership at conferences
* Lead market competitive analysis
* Partner with Finance to drive the quarterly
blueprint process and growth playbook
* Partner with Product organization to drive
Product Alignment Meeting (PAM)
* Partner with regions to drive the Market Product
Alignment (MPA) process
* Understands and analyzes global/regional
regulations for growth idea identification and analysis
* Work with campaign teams on pre/post campaign
debriefs, competitive intelligence assessment, and lessons learned
* Incorporate Monte Carlo simulations, wholesale
market analysis, game theory, and segmentation methodology into above
* Lead team to provide timely analysis and relevant
synthesis across all segments
* Identify opportunities, analyze new growth ideas,
and target customers with value pricing for new product introduction and
commercialization, focused on software and systems solution adoption
* tab-stops:list .5in">Minimum of 8 years' experience
in a large industrial technology, software or manufacturing services firm
with direct experience leading an internal strategic marketing function or
strategy engagements with fortune 50 firms
* tab-stops:list .5in">Minimum of 5+ years of
experience in strategy or market research
* tab-stops:list .5in">5+ years managing exempt level
* tab-stops:list .5in">Strong interpersonal, writing,
and presentation skills; ability to conceptualize, structure, and present
compelling stories to a wide range of audiences
* tab-stops:list .5in">Oriented to outcomes over
* tab-stops:list .5in">Deep knowledge of segment data
sources (market research & analyst reports, industry publications,
* tab-stops:list .5in">Self-starter capable of
managing several programs/projects simultaneously
undergraduate degree business, engineering, physics, mathematics or a
related field is required. An MBA
or Master's degree is strongly preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* He/she must have a history of success marketing, strategic planning and/or product management.
* The successful candidate must possess proven marketing strategic, analytical and implementation skills.
* M&A experience is a plus.
* Strategic Marketing Skills: Understanding and experience with the ability to practically apply to their product line. Must link strategies to growth objectives and financial results.
* Leadership: A confident, mature person with the ability to connect with others. Ability to lead projects and teams that successfully achieve milestones and complete deliverables.
* Results-Oriented: A driver who possesses the ability to take actions and implement effective solutions in a timely manner in an entrepreneurial environment
* Problem Solver: A creative yet pragmatic problem solver. Methodical and hands-on as well as detail-oriented
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.