Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Cummins Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Marketing Manager, Global Aftermarket Parts 170006I6. This role will be based in Columbus, IN.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading work to identify growth opportunities in the global aftermarket, focusing on price, promotion, product, and place. There will be collaboration on a regular basis with other functions, including Product Managers, regional DBU, Sales teams, and more. Key Responsibilities:
- Condense multiple data points into insightful and clear presentations.
- Act as an internal consultant and present findings and recommendations clearly and concisely to senior management.
- Manage multi-cultural teams to successfully achieve and exceed business goals.
- Implement the global marketing strategy in identified product line or geography.
- Implement medium-term and annual marketing plans; identifies barriers to success and develops solutions for smooth execution of the plan.
- Manage ongoing market research to understand market trends and potential and product applications in identified markets; uses market research to inform business decisions and priorities.
- Lead marketing efforts for value package marketing activities to create a comparative advantage and meet profitability goals.
- Leverage the competencies in the global marketing team, and represents identified product line or geography in global marketing initiatives.
- Translate the global brand strategy for the identified product line or geography.
- Provide management, direction and development to a multi-cultural marketing team which may be based in several locations.
- Manage marketing and sales systems and processes including the customer satisfaction measurement process.
- Leverage relevant channel staff, knowledge, or processes; integrates Voice of the Customer into marketing plans.
- Coach and motivate marketing staff; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegates works assignments considering employee skills and development needs.
- Minimum five to ten years of relevant experience a finance, marketing, or strategy role.
- Industrial manufacturing experience and solid understanding of the aftermarket business preferred.
- Experience in leading cross functional teams in a matrix customer focused.
- A proven track record in analysis and insight.
- Previous experience in a management role preferred.
Other required skills:
- Industrial manufacturing experience and understanding of the aftermarket parts business.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to use data to develop and drive a strategy.
- Experience analyzing data and making recommendations based on findings.
- A proven track record in analysis and insight.
- Exceptional commercial experience and business savvy.
- The ability to explain analytical work in a logical way, verbally and written, to provide insight and recommendations to a non-analytical audience.
- Proven experience in working with data, strong data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Results driven, proactive, excellent stakeholder management, quick learner, and problem-solving attitude.
- Coach & Develop - Accurately evaluates the strengths and development needs of direct reports; deliberately sets aside time to coach and develop direct reports; assists direct reports in setting high performance goals and preparing quality individual development plans; provides challenging assignments to facilitate individual development; provides each individual with the tools, knowledge and coaching he or she needs to develop; gives honest, timely and constructive feedback to others on their performance; conducts difficult conversations in a timely way with direct reports who are not performing to expectations or do not demonstrate the core values; invests time in coaching key high potentials, high performers and talent critical to the business; develops mentoring relationships with key talent across the organization.
- Business Planning - Able to perform business planning and strategic analysis. Able to apply this knowledge/skill in normal work situations - which means understanding basic mathematical relationships and being able to do sanity checks on the data. Understands the underlying principles, techniques, and procedures. Must have total business knowledge (customers, products, macro-economic trends) of their area.
- Communication - Written & Verbal - Effectively expresses messages and ideas in a clear, organized and relevant manner for a variety of audiences. Develops organized, complete, and convincing communications. Conveys thoughts and ideas regarding a topic concisely and clearly. Ability to communicate without increasing either the employee's or employer liability. Ability to communicate effectively to different levels of the organization. Uses appropriate style, grammar, and tone in informal and/or formal business messages. Reviews and edits written work constructively. Delivers messages with the desired effect. Ability to use appropriate communication tools as needed (WebEx, SameTime, video conferencing, teleconferencing, Visio, MS Project, etc.).
- Focus on Customer Needs - Anticipates customer needs. Takes action to meet customer needs. Continually searches for ways to increase customer satisfaction. Knowledgeable of vital customer information required to make informed business decisions.
- Think strategically - Stays abreast of key competitor actions and their implications, threats and opportunities to the business; understands the impact of global trends on the organizations plans and growth; over time, builds a reputation for thinking strategically; holds direct reports accountable for thinking strategically. Champions think strategically in own organization: champions strategic initiatives across organizational boundaries; ensures alignment by actively and visibly keeping long-term strategies in focus as others execute short-term plans; helps others adjust strategies if assumptions are wrong; encourages others to take reasonable risks in developing and implementing strategies.
- Relationship Management - Develops rapport, builds trust, and creates value in relationships. Identifies networking opportunities and effectively communicates across functions, BU's, and with both internal and external business partners.
- Manage Execution - Coordinates performance across regions, teams, and departments on complex projects and work flows. Applies a broad range of planning and monitoring tools. Defines planning and review practices that result in few missed milestones and minimal surprises. Effectively delegates to ensure completion of complex projects and work. Monitors progress of others and redirects efforts when goals change or are not met. Measures effectiveness of execution through defined metrics and disciplined monitoring.
College, university, or equivalent degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related subject required. MBA preferred. Compensation and Benefits
Base annual salary commensurate with experience plus annual variable compensation. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins