As an individual contributor , helps Applied achieve its short and long-term objective. Utilizes highly specialized skills to increase operational efficiencies in support of Applied's business objectives. Promotions into this level require approval from senior level Executives and/or for the E Band, a governance board or entity.Key Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and direction through senior managers for assessing existing and potential markets. Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of technical and business environments. Develops and articulates strategies to meet business objectives for more than one broad functional area
- Accountable for the performance and results of cross functional groups within a major region or several business units to integrates products into a coherent portfolio of products focused on the market. Manages portfolio like a "product" (business plan, positioning, buying process, market requirements, and marketing plan)
- Analyzes market data to identify trends/opportunities, develops strategic direction from market information, and creates compelling market analysis presentations
- Directs and controls the activities for more than one functional area and provides guidance to personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Drives the growth process
- Maps the needs within targeted markets and analyzes abstract market segmentations. Determines which segments to actively pursue
- Works with management team to ensure that overall marketing function is effectively meeting the organization's strategic goals
- Creates a product strategy that is integrated with AMAT products
- Illustrates the vision and key phases of deliverables for products for more than one broad functional area
- Demonstrates a broad and comprehensive understanding of the different systems, theories and practices relevant to a discipline. The role must keep abreast of new developments in order to help define the necessary changes to policy and practice
- Utilizes highly specialized skills to expand Applied's technology footprint or customer base or to increase operational efficiencies in support of Applied's business objectives
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of the industry in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. This includes enabling the business unit to differentiate itself from the competition
- Leads key cross-functional project teams or initiatives. Acts as a mentor and role model to others within the organization
- Exercises a high degree of autonomy when making decisions that impact the business unit or function deliverables
- Decisions impact annual goal attainment and contribute to achievement of important objectives of the business unit and may impact other external functions or groups
- Demonstrates sound communication skills to be able to modify the beliefs and opinions of other peers in the business unit.
- Creates strong business relationships with key stakeholders to enlist their active support
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in its workforce.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.