Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Under limited supervision, apply comprehensive knowledge of strategic planning principles, concepts, practices, and standards in analyzing market trends, developing and implementing long-term business strategy, and monitoring results. Prepare and review complex reports. Perform research and analyses requested by management. May train staff.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and/or maintain significant portions of strategy, strategic plans, and related processes. Provide consulting support. Draft documents and coordinate deliverables.
- Conduct market research. Identify, analyze, and interpret key competitive issues and opportunities. Assess implications of market developments.
- Maintain potential or current customer documentation in areas such as volume, size, market share, or industry activity.
- Analyze business performance and monthly self-assessments against objectives. Collaborate with business units to resolve concerns.
- Identify and recommend metrics that drive and measure business performance.
- May perform complex strategic planning projects or participate as a team member on highly complex projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills; ability to absorb information and data from multiple sources, apply analytical skills
- Demonstrate experience with detailed data analysis, preferable in the mortgage/financial services industry, investment banking, strategy consulting, and lending industries
- Experience with and understanding of financial statements, including experience in analyzing financial statements and corporate results
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills, strong influencing skills, and ability to effectively present to and work with senior management
- Excellent writing skills and developing research reports, preferred
- Demonstrated strong organizational and problem solving skills. Ability to work effectively with continuous change and short deadlines.
- Advanced MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Excel)
- Financial modelling and cash flow analysis, highly preferred
- Experience with Tableau and/or SAS, preferred
- MBA, MS, or CFA, preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.