Strategic Planning Sr. Advisor - Round Rock, TX
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 16000YZN
Strategic Planning Sr. Advisor
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Strategic Planning Sr. Advisor to join our team in Round Rock, Texas.
The Strategic Planning Sr. Advisor will support the Global Channel organization driving growth and profitability through assessing trends in data, identifying risks and opportunities and driving sales levers. Success in this role will require someone who thrives working in a fast paced and growth oriented function.
* Manages programs for sales benefit against planning strategies. Researches problems, and delivers solutions working cross-functionally to resolve.
* Liaison between the functional areas and sales organization. Drives process improvements and productivity enhancers. May serve as primary interfaces with other internal functions.
* Knowledge of industry and business principles related to sales process and key indicators. Leverages business acumen and financial acumen to give advice and execute program delivery.
* Develops complex solutions to business problems or customer engagements through in-depth analysis, coordination and negotiation with key decision makers. Considers Dell-wide implications of decisions and recommendation. Handles diverse range of issues that require evaluation of a variety of factors including current business trends.
* Influences a broad spectrum of stakeholders toward achieving business goals.
* Advises and councils key leadership on the latest principles, practices, and/or technologies and their practical application.
* Works on abstract and complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables. Integrates trends, data and information into plans, deliverables and recommendations.
* Develops innovative and creative output based on interpretation and analysis that improves business performance and contributes to corporate goals and strategic intent. Anticipates operational program, and implementation issues and develops preventative measures.
* The Sr. Advisor must have understanding of business strategies and drivers.
* 10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* In-depth knowledge of professional standards and trends within area of expertise.
* Strong background in related disciplines (Sales, Sales Operations, Finance) including delivery on business goals and strategy
* Thorough understanding of Dell’s business priorities, strategy, and direction
* Understanding and management of customer business needs and expectations.
* Manages critical projects, customer engagements or business processes. Guided by business plans and strategy.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web atwww.dell.com/careers.
**Job:** **Corporate Development and Strategy - Strategic Planning*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales*
**Title:** *Strategic Planning Sr. Advisor - Round Rock, TX*
**Requisition ID:** *16000YZN*