Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Product Leader is the architect of the Value Chain and responsible for product-based strategy and for the continuous improvement of the associated supply chain. With input from, and collaboration with, the Commercial and Research Teams, the Product leader develops the end-to-end Value Chain strategy needed to achieve the Brand Commercial objectives. Through the Value Chain Management Team, the Product Leader creates and leads the execution of the end-to-end Supply Chain continuous improvement plan as measured by the inventory policy and spending needed to operate the supply chain while achieving customer service levels on 95% or greater.
This position will support the Vaccines Line of Business and Customer Business Line.
The Value Chain Management work is strategic, spanning the entire life cycle of products, stabilizing the ongoing business through appropriate risk management, and designing the supply chain for the future. This is a highly integrative position, and it requires great leadership skills to create the vision that guides and inspires the team and stakeholders. The role also requires great talent management and team building skills as well as exceptional strength in communications.
This position carries the responsibility for product portfolios that can represent several billion dollars of revenue for Merck. Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Engineering, Science, or Supply Chain Management
- Master's Degree (MBA) with a minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience
- Broad cross functional skills and business/management/operations experience
- Knowledge of the functions that support the business including: Supply Chain, Finance, Regulatory, Quality, Compliance, Manufacturing Operations and Commercial Operations
- Strategic thinking and ability to assimilate highly complicated and multi-factored inputs into an integrated strategy that clearly links to business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions and influence direction in ambiguous situations
- Horizontal and vertical leadership skills that enable maximizing both the individual contributor and cross-functional team accomplishments. Foundational to this is a strong business acumen, assertiveness, ability to persuade and influence decisions along with driving accountability through measured accomplishments
- Proactive mindset and ability to look outside the assigned role with an eagerness to identify and engage in opportunities to improve value chains and related business processes within the organization
- Cross functional/cross divisional project management with geographically diverse teams driving high impact results and influencing processes along with behaviors
- Demonstrated mindset of viewing new experiences as learning opportunities that strengthen leadership capabilities and the ability to guide others
- Knowledge of "best practices" in Supply Chain Management
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- International experience
- Multi-sector industry experience
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement