BP Supply & Trading's North America Gas and Power (NAGP) is responsible for the supply and trading of natural gas, power and natural gas liquids (NGLs), primarily within the North American energy market. The Operations group plays a meaning role in the success of our business by providing high-quality, reliable logistics support for our commercial activities.
An open position exists for a Strategic Rail Operator based in Houston, TX to work closely with and support the marketing, trading and origination teams. The position will interact with external customers, third-party facilities as well as affiliates daily and will provide the opportunity for individual growth and development within our business.
As part of the Global NGL Rail Operations team, this role will be responsible for rail order fulfillment, customer interactions and rail fleet logistics and will advise on how to better optimize, modernize and commercialize our fleet. This position will communicate regularly with customers, suppliers and affiliates while exhibiting the BP values as well as our safety, compliance and customer service standards. Key accountabilities
- Provide key insights into the tactical and strategic operations of the team to drive greater efficiency, effectiveness and long-term planning
- Optimize rail fleet movements through the coordination of railcar orders with customer contracts, inventory, production and facility availability
- Evaluate and provide feedback on the effectiveness of current processes and activities to drive further efficiencies
- Resolve railroad service and operational issues
- Manage railcar storage requirements, negotiate / coordinate railcar subleasing opportunities
- Develop and maintain close relationships with internal and external counterparts to increase our standing in the industry
- Maintain accurate customer lifting forecast through effective communication with the customer and marketing team member
- Support the development and monitoring of key performance metrics
- Performance within the NAGP compliance framework and safety standards
Bachelor's DegreeEssential experience and job requirements
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- 8+ years of experience with rail scheduling, optimization and planning
- Excellent analytical skills with effective decision-making
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent multi-tasking ability
- Effective in supplying to a team environment
- Strong communication skills with internal and external counterparts
- Ability to build and manage relationships and networks with customers, facilities, transportation providers and other partners
- Goal oriented with the ability to deliver on stringent timelines
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Previous team leadership / management experience
- Experience with regulatory and / or advocacy agencies
- Experience in communicating with senior leadership
Negligible travelIs this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Integrated Supply & Trading (IST) is BP's face to the traded markets for BP in oil, gas, power, chemicals and finance. IST's role is to enhance Group value through distinctive supply, commodity trading, risk management and information technology skills underpinned by a world class finance, control and compliance infrastructure. IST has a dynamic and highly skilled workforce, which creates value by combining analysis and commercial innovation with the material asset base of BP.
IST's North America Gas and Power (NAGP) business unit handles the supply and trading of natural gas and power in the North American energy market. Its business model is based on the growth of customer-facing businesses, underpinned by BP's supply position, web of interconnected assets, and world-class trading capabilities. The growth agenda is delivered through marketing and origination activities, as well as optimization and acquisition of strategic regional aggregator businesses.
IST fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We are proud of our stance on fairness, equal opportunity and meritocracy, which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential.Segment
Integrated Supply & TradingClosing Date
[ "20-Nov-2017" ]
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.