It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
At Wells Fargo, we invest in our people. Our diverse lines of business offer unique opportunities to expand your knowledge and advance your career.
This position is within the Strategic Sourcing Group within the Supply Chain Management organization supporting various lines of business within Wells Fargo’s Wholesale Division (includes various corporate capital markets, corporate financing and corporate lending related business). No financial support for relocation.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS):
• Manages spend categories and develops supply chain strategies for medium to high risk and regulated, products, services, and suppliers who have strategic business impacts.
• Leads strategic sourcing and contracting activities in support of the various businesses within Wells Fargo’s Wholesale Division
• Provides oversight to the contractual relationships of key vendors.
• Evaluates company purchasing patterns and forecasts trends.
• Reviews and approves benchmark standards and conduct gap analysis with best practices.
• Works with management and key stakeholders across the various lines of business within Wholesale the Enterprise (when applicable) to determine the long-term needs and applicable supply and service strategies.
• Leads structured analysis of supplier industry, economics, and market conditions.
• Identify and pre-qualify supply alternatives.
• Partners with business groups to coordinate, run, issue, and evaluate sourcing events (RFPs, RFQs, reverse auctions, etc.).
• In collaboration with business stakeholders, determines negotiation strategy and controls all aspects of sourcing and contracts negotiations.
• Customizes legal language and drafts non-standard contract terms and conditions.
• Ensures compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
• Establishes e supply chain cost reduction strategies to continually improve category effectiveness and efficiencies.
• Acts as the primary liaison for current and potential suppliers; resolves systemic/recurring supplier/customer issues.
• Proactively identifies and escalates risk-related issues and presents resolution options.
• Accountable cost saving and avoidance targets for multiple categories and supplier performance measurements.
• Develops & delivers management reporting.
• Travel as necessary.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Other Desired Qualifications
• Strong knowledge and understanding of contract negotiations.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of sourcing methodology.
• LOB supporting products and services such as software applications and professional services in corporate lending and capital markets space with vendors such as FIS, AFS, Sungard, Fiserv, Misys and Fidessa.
• Ability to draft complex contractual instruments.
• Experience & expertise driving negotiations, supplier contracting, sourcing, providing cost & expense analysis and leveraging products & services across a highly mature, integrated and complex supply base.
• Experience sourcing and contracting for vendor hosted applications, software and professional services.
• Familiarity with the capital markets industry and basic understanding of banking and finance .
• Cross-industry sourcing, negotiation, and benchmarking experience including prior financial services industry work and a strong understanding of associated regulatory requirements regarding acquisition of goods/services and how they may relate to financial services customer-facing products and services.
• Solid understanding of a large, diversified Financial Services organization’s operations including governance and risk management practices and related organizational culture.
• Project management, change management, decision-making, and time management skills.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.