Ideal locations: Atlanta, Detroit, Grand Rapids, Chicago or Indianapolis.
The Strategic Sourcing practice, which focuses on Manufacturing & Distribution clients, is looking for a Senior Consultant capable of learning to lead strategic sourcing engagements.
Primary job related tasks:
- 90% of time will be spend delivering work for clients (i.e., a strategic sourcing consultant): 2 service lines: (1) category strategic sourcing and (2) procurement transformation
- 10% of time will be spent in the development of marketing/ business development collateral and will support continued improvement in the sourcing practice
- This individual will be cross trained on operational performance delivery
- Travel 80 - 90% of the time (typically Monday to Thursday); mostly in the domestic US
- 4 yrs of College Education: 3.5 GPA or better; BS in Supply Chain Management from Top program, or equivalent
- Minor in Finance or a Supply Chain Management Certifications (e.g., CSCM) is a bonus, but not required
- 3 – 5 yrs of Purchasing experience working as a ‘Buyer’ or ‘Category Manager’ at a Fortune 1000 company
- An ideal candidate will have experience leading packaging and/or freight sourcing initiatives
- It is important that this person can demonstrate they are capable of performing the two primary job functions as part of the interview process: (1) They will be asked to prepare a sample spend analysis prior to any late stage interviews; (2) They will be asked many questions around prior project management related experiences wherein they led and were accountable; (3) They will be asked to submit a written report sample.
Additional requirements include:
- Solid written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient to expert level ability in Excel (MS Access and PPT are good also, but not as critical as Excel)
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Demonstrates analytical thinking skills and is adaptive/flexible
- Self-reflective and is willing to learn/be taught
Visit Crowecareers.com and find out what it's like to work with people who love what they do!
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.