Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Strategic Sourcing Manager located in West Chester, PA , Cork, Ireland or Bridgewater, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $74.3 billion in 2014 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Reporting directly to the GSC Director of Strategic Sourcing – the successful candidate will lead a team and drive procurement activities around supplier relationship management best practices (SRM), sourcing processes and delivery of results to meet & exceed the DePuy Synthes Global Orthopedics procurement objectives.
The successful Candidate will develop category and sub-category strategies in consultation with the cross functional representatives in the Virtual Teams, shall execute on strategy and provide overall co-ordination, facilitation and enablement of programs that will drive best practice and leverage across Global Orthopedics and the wider Medical Device and Johnson & Johnson organization.
The key responsibilities are focused on Quality & Risk management, Service and Cost for Global Orthopedics.
The successful candidate will lead a team and be accountable for Supplier Management for a defined scope of category spend in the metals segment.
Responsibilities will include:
• Perform the role of Supplier Relationship Manager at an executive level.
• Partner with base business source management and advanced sourcing to ensure alignment and meet procurement goals across Quality, Service and Cost.
• Be an excellent business partner to a number of functions across the business, in particular supplier quality, manufacturing, material technology and planning teams.
• Lead Global Orthopedics Metals Sub-Category and provide input into the Metals Category J&J sourcing strategic direction and co-ordinate the team to ensure alignment to that strategic direction.
• Partner with Supplier Quality to ensure alignment on supplier management processes.
• Upgrade supplier skills (transparent cost management, lean practices, emerging technologies, etc.)
• Develop an expertise in the business needs and capabilities. Keep up with supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practice sourcing.
• Provide Guidance to Base Business on key trends in the market for given sub categories.
• Analyze overall system capabilities in support of the end to end supply chain.
• Focus on team talent and talent development to include training and compliance to relevant company procedures.
• This is not an exhaustive list and site based management responsibilities will apply.
Critical Success Factors or Scope or Responsibilities
Proven track record in Category Management and Supplier Relationship Management in a competitive environment - Delivering on Quality, Risk management and Service whilst focusing on Cost Improvement Plans.
1. BS Degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, Operations Management or related field.
2. Minimum of 5 – 7 years relevant experience in a logistics/supply chain role within a high volume manufacturing environment.
3. Experience managing direct reports.
4. Proven ability to influence AND collaborate in a matrix environment.
5. Proven track record in project management.
6. Proven track record in change management.
7. Expertise in contracting.
8. Financial management-multi-million dollar budget development and control.
9. Analytical-absorb information & solve complex problems quickly
10. Senior management leadership: setting direction, influencing, goal alignment, lead & influence others in a matrix organization.
11. Management & leadership of a diverse workforce
12. Strong business acumen
13. Excellent interpersonal skills - Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
14. Creative & decisive problem solving skills
15. Proven ability to influence/collaborate to get to desired result
16. Change leadership expertise
17. Customer focus (internal & external)
18. Adaptable to meet rapidly changing priorities
19. Exercise a high degree of business judgment and sound reasoning
20. Ability to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally.
1. Excellent negotiating skills, should cost modelling and other cost management tools preferred
2. MBA or Master’s degree.
3. CPIM (Certified in Production & Inventory Management) certifications.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
North America-United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland-Cork
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.