Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Strategic Sourcing Manager, supporting the Codman business. The position will be based in Raynham, MA
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $74.3 billion in 2014 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Sourcing, the Strategic Sourcing Manager will lead the Codman Strategic Sourcing organization to contemporary best practice sourcing processes and delivery of results for Codman and the Cardiovascular Specialty Solutions Group (CSS).
He/She will develop the Codman base business strategy and drive execute the overall coordination, facilitation and enablement of programs that will drive best practice and will leverage MD&D’s position. This position will represent SOURCE, and with his/her direct reports, will support MAKE and Product Management organizations.
They will be a key leader within the CSS Source team. The leader is expected to provide a practical and intellectual understanding of the Codman Source needs, its supply base capabilities and performance. He/She will contribute to the strategic vision and hands-on leadership in support of effective quality system compliance, supply continuity, collaboration with stakeholders and partners, and material cost.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible for developing sourcing strategy and driving implementation across the Franchise, working closely with the Make, Product Management, R&D and Quality organizations. Additionally, he/she will drive best practices and be responsible for delivering robust year on year productivity gains for the franchise. Responsibilities include:
• Contributing to the strategic direction and execution in sourcing component parts to ensure optimal mix of cost, availability and inventory, while continually guaranteeing required levels of quality
• Ensure compliance with the Quality System requirements
• Achieve reliable supply by managing supplier’s performance across the quality, risk and capabilities continuum.
• Manages supplier capabilities and risk, including but not limited to capacity planning, tooling and resource investments (including inventory management).
• Identify opportunities to upgrade Supplier skills through areas such as technology, process improvements, lean and others.
• Lead, manage and develop a sourcing team.
• Prepare annual budget and deliver YOY productivity savings.
Critical Success Factors or Scope or Responsibilities
• An effective and knowledgeable SOURCE representative to the Codman Franchise
• Direct line management responsibility for team members.
• Maintain a high level of service, quality and supply continuity for the manufacturing plants.
GLP’s / Personal Attributes
• Excellent interpersonal skills required.
• Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills required.
• Creative & decisive problem solving skills.
• Proven ability to influence/collaborate to get to desired result.
• Customer focus (internal & external).
• Adaptable to meet rapidly changing priorities.
• Exercise a high degree of business judgment and sound reasoning.
• Strong Credo values.Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business administration, operations or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience in a logistics/supply chain or technical role within a high volume-manufacturing environment.
• Proven ability to influence/collaborate.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
• Analytical-absorb information & solve complex problems quickly.
• Leadership: setting direction, influencing, goal alignment, lead & influence others in a matrix organization.
• Computer Literate.
• Ability to travel up to 10% domestic and international.
• BS Degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, Operations Management or related field.
• MBA or Master’s degree.
• CPIM (Certified in Production & Inventory Management) or CPM, (Certified Purchasing Manager).
• Strong procurement, managing suppliers and operations experience.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.