POSITION PURPOSE - Lead the purchasing function for an assigned product group. Serve as chief negotiator with vendors.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
25% Negotiate for products and services within the assigned product category ensuring the lowest possible price.
25% Develop and execute strategic sourcing plans to assigned categories. Work cross functionally to improve and streamline processes. Initiate quality vendor relationships to support new and ongoing product and services sourcing needs.
5% Evaluate vendor relationships and terminate if necessary.
20% Work with stores and functional areas to best determine products and services to be sourced. Manage the vendor and resolve issues regarding product quality, delivery, etc.
5% Work with purchasing operations to ensure orderly transition from initial deal to ongoing purchasing of products and services. Ensure accuracy and delivery of orders so that clients for the product group are able to complete projects and meet the Company's needs.
10% Source qualified vendors to Sourcing who can meet purchase needs in terms of product quality, quantity, and delivery date.
10% Identify and qualify vendors to provide product and services to Home Depot. Conduct research to assess vendor capabilities and product information as they relate to company needs.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to a sr manager position
Typically requires working collaboratively across multiple functions
Typically requires highly developed interpersonal skills for dealing with sensitive or controversial situations. Typically faces situations that are unstructured and require original approaches.
Typically considers new approaches within general policies and short-term goals when solving problems. Typically expected to provide infrequent status reports to management only as appropriate.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Must meet reasonable deadlines, quotas or demands for accuracy and/or may be involved in some mildly difficult situations
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable<
EDUCATION REQUIRED -
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 5
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about.
- On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- Bachelors degree
- SAP experience
- Project Management experience
- Exposure to strategic sourcing process
- Six Sigma greenbelt/black belt certification
- Customer service oriented
- Results oriented
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
Negotiation Skills - able to negotiate in adversarial situations to arrive at the best deal in terms of cost and quality to meet sourcing needs.
Product Knowledge - a thorough understanding of the product category to which he/she is assigned.
Strong presentation and communication skills.
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!